• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beethoven Piano Trio Op.1 No.3 / Szeryng, Fournier & Kempff

🎹

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXpUfcaCJPE

- Medieval Christmas music from the Xth - XVth centuries, Ensemble Ioculatores

The ensemble Ioculatores joins forces with the pure voices of girls choir Schola Cantorum Leipzig to introduce the listener to the rich world of medieval Christmas music. Ranging from instrumental pieces featuring organ, harp, lute, fiddle and shawm to strictly vocal songs, this recording produced at the Romanesque basilica in Wechselburg gives an impression of the ideas people have always had of heavenly jubilation.
      🎹

Comment

Last night, a couple of movements from: Schubert, Franz: String Quintet in C Major, D. 956.

Comment

Chopin Preludes Op.28 and Rachmaninov preludes Op.32 played by Boris Giltburg at a Wigmore Hall recital - recital begins around 7.00

'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Sorrano View Post
            Last night, a couple of movements from: Schubert, Franz: String Quintet in C Major, D. 956.
            Heavenly music!
            Zevy

Comment

New year's day concert live from Vienna!
              'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Zevy View Post

Heavenly music!
                The Mendelssohn quartets are also quite heavenly! These were featured on Exploring Music last night.

Comment

Last night I was listening to Schumann's A Minor Quartet. That is wonderful music!

Comment

Stravinsky, Symphony of Psalms.

Comment

Originally posted by Enrique View Post
                      Stravinsky, Symphony of Psalms.
                      It's been a long time since I've heard that. I also like his Symphony in Three Movements.

Comment

I have the record, so I have listened to it many times. The Symphony in Three Movements is formidable.
                        Last edited by Enrique; 01-08-2024, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Various waltzes by Chopin. I haven't come back to Chopin in a while, and these short masterpieces delight from beginning to end!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                            Various waltzes by Chopin. I haven't come back to Chopin in a while, and these short masterpieces delight from beginning to end!
                            I had always struggled with Chopin, listening-wise, until I started playing the music. That opened the door to the wonder of his music and I do enjoy listening to it, now.

Comment

Originally posted by Sorrano View Post

I had always struggled with Chopin, listening-wise, until I started playing the music. That opened the door to the wonder of his music and I do enjoy listening to it, now.
                              Interesting - I think I started listening after I played a couple of his pieces in my childhood piano lessons and really loved them. I remember playing the famous Nocturne, Op.9, No.2 and the "Minute" Waltz and really wanting to find more works like those.

Comment

Last night I heard some excerpts from Shostakovitch's Symphonies No 4 and 5.

Comment

Working...
                                X