No announcement yet.

What are you listening to now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Death and Transfiguration is wonderful. About Zarathustra, I was once in the theater listening to it. When the composition was over I applauded but nobody else did. So I applauded again. And this time the rest followed suit clapping hands. So Spoke Zarathustra has a subtle ending.

Comment

Some things I have been singing with different choirs lately. Last night it was Sir Edward Bairstow's "I sat down under his shadow":

Comment

Listening to Dvorak's 2nd piano quartet in Eb, great recording with Emmanuel Ax, Isaac Stern, Jaime Laredo and Yo-Yo Ma.
        'Man know thyself'

Comment

Two lovely pieces heard this morning.

Alessandro Scarlatti

Concerto Grosso No 1 in F minor

Orchestra: Tafelmusik. Conductor: Jeanne Lamon.
          • Franz Schubert

Piano Trio in E flat, 'Notturno'

Performer: Leif Ove Andsnes. Performer: Vadim Repin. Performer: Jan-Erik Gustafsson.
          🎹

Comment

Originally posted by Enrique View Post
            Death and Transfiguration is wonderful. About Zarathustra, I was once in the theater listening to it. When the composition was over I applauded but nobody else did. So I applauded again. And this time the rest followed suit clapping hands. So Spoke Zarathustra has a subtle ending.
            After such a dramatic beginning people probably expected something much bigger at the ending. It's been a long time since I've listened to that; maybe I should dig that out and do some listening.

Comment

It doesn't even end in the tonic!

Comment

Bruckner Symphony no.5 Ormandy/Philadelphia
                'Man know thyself'

Comment

Another piece I sang recently, Mozart - Ave verum corpus, K. 618:

Comment

Exploring Music has presented the music of Delius in the last couple of days (playing a smorgasbord of his music, including "On Hearing the First Cuckoo in Spring"). The local radio station plays a few of his pieces fairly frequently, as well. So far I haven't heard anything that really stands out to me. It often reminds me of the background music I heard while watching biology films.

Comment

Originally posted by Sorrano View Post
                      Exploring Music has presented the music of Delius in the last couple of days (playing a smorgasbord of his music, including "On Hearing the First Cuckoo in Spring"). The local radio station plays a few of his pieces fairly frequently, as well. So far I haven't heard anything that really stands out to me. It often reminds me of the background music I heard while watching biology films.
                      Try 'Summer Evening'

'Man know thyself'

Comment

Ottorino Respighi (1879-1936) Poema autunnale for violin & orchestra Viktor Simicisko (violin), Bratislava Slovak Radio Symphony Orchestra, Ondrej Lenard (conductor)
                        🎹

Comment

Francesco Piemontesi - Franz Liszt, Au lac de Wallenstadt

https://youtu.be/cXCeVJPdBQ8

Last edited by Megan; 10-28-2023, 04:19 AM.
                          🎹

Comment

Schoenberg: Violin concerto.

Comment

Bruckner symphony no.6 / Klemperer.
                              'Man know thyself'

Comment

Another thing I am singing at the moment: Sir Charles Villiers Stanford - Justorum Animae

Comment

Working...
                                X