What are you listening to now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Enrique View Post
    That is the symphony without menuetto, isn't it?
    Yes it is. I believe it would be quite extensive with an added menuetto, although there's never enough Mozart. Happy birthday WAM wherever you are!
    Zevy

Comment

Oh, I see. Thanks Zevy.

Comment

Continuing the Mozart birthday celebrations, a recital at london's Wigmore Hall by Christian Blackshaw playing four Mozart sonatas. Begins around 5 mins into video.

'Man know thyself'

Comment

Last night on Exploring Music I listened to Cello concertos by Vivaldi, Boccherini, and Haydn. I found it to be very delightful music!

Comment

Originally posted by Sorrano View Post
            Last night on Exploring Music I listened to Cello concertos by Vivaldi, Boccherini, and Haydn. I found it to be very delightful music!
            Indeed - here is an exhilarating performance of the last movement of Haydn's cello concerto in C played by a youthful Stjepan Hauser some ten years ago.

'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post

Indeed - here is an exhilarating performance of the last movement of Haydn's cello concerto in C played by a youthful Stjepan Hauser some ten years ago.

Thanks, Peter! That was a great way to get the morning going. What surprised me most is the lack of winds, but as you said, a wonderful performance!

Comment

Among some other works, Exploring Music featured the final movements of Dvorak's and Elgar's Cello concerti. That's enough to create a sober, introspective mood.

Comment

Ligeti, Artikulation. Love it !!

Comment

Compare that with John Cage's Aria Fontana Mix :

Comment

Pivoting now from Cage, Ligeti et al, here are some wonderful Haydn piano sonatas.played by Jeno Jando, performed simply and without affectation, exactly as written on the box :

Last edited by Quijote; 02-04-2024, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Quijote View Post
                        Ligeti, Artikulation. Love it !!

This was a new one for me; thanks for sharing it! I found the video to be a bit distracting from the music itself, yet was interesting in relation to the music.

Comment

Last night:
                          Moeran, Ernest: In The Mountain Country
                          Novak, Vitezslav: In The Tatra Mountains, Op. 26

And of particular interest, excerpts from: Messiaen, Olivier: Des Canyons Aux Etoiles
                          as well as: Hovhaness, Alan: And God Created Great Whales, Op. 229

Comment

Reinhold Gliere harp concerto

'Man know thyself'

Comment

[YouTube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDfdhh99Yeg[/youtube]

Antonio Vivaldi?Filiae maestae Jerusalem? RV 638:II.

So sublime, I am being transported to heaven with tears in my eyes.
                              Last edited by Megan; 02-21-2024, 09:41 AM.
                              🎹

Comment

Beautiful piece, Megan!

Comment

Working...
                                X