Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The A-Z Beethoven Quiz (rules of the game)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We could never clash, dear Michael.

Mozart's whole Kochel catalogue needs revising in my view - a complete mess it is.

Comment

Originally posted by PDG View Post

Mozart's whole Kochel catalogue needs revising in my view - a complete mess it is.
      What else can you expect from a guy whose first name is Ludwig!

Comment

Yes, he really should have stuck to making drum kits...

Comment

Yes, he really should have stuck to making drum kits...
          Something my daughter pointed out to me some weeks ago when we were watching a certain quartet (not string or piano) performing. The coincidences are alarming (if you are gullible enough).
          Anyway, we have derailed this thread too much. I'm off to bed!

Comment

Variations for piano and cello (Ein Madchen oder Weibchen)
            🎹

Comment

W = Another contributor to the original DV project going under the name of
              Carl Angelus von Winkhler.

Comment

Is it?
                Symphonies 1-41 are not Köchel's numberings, but Breitkopf und Härtel's.
                But the new edition will number the fragments as: Fr-year- chronological number, thus KV626 = KV-Fr1791/02, e.g.

The revision of the Kinsky-Halm (now nearing its completion) will be more radical, if I am informed correctly.

Comment

Xmas 1808! Arguably the greatest concert of all time took place on 22nd December in a freezing theatre. Audiences were treated to the 5th and 6th symphonies, the Fourth Piano concerto and a bit of light comic relief when Beethoven went wrong conducting the Choral Fantasia.

Comment

Yo no quiero embarcarme. (Iberian) Continental Folksongs. Wo0 158. no. 11.
                    🎹

Comment

What? No Z yet?
                      Okay .................

Zod, General. Superman's arch-enemy from the planet Krypton.

Sorry .... wrong thread!

Zelter, Carl Friedrich. Berlin musician and friend of Goethe. He met Beethoven briefly in Vienna in 1819 and also had some later correspondence with him regarding the Missa Solemnis.

Comment

I think for the next round Philip will have to accept ingenuity over accuracy.

Comment

Who's for another round? A

4 Areittas and a Duet, op82.

Last edited by Megan; 09-23-2012, 08:02 AM.
                          🎹

Comment

B for Biamonti, Giovanni. Cataloguer (if there's such a word) of Beethoven's works.

Comment

C = Cressener Trauer Cantata; disappeared work by B, certainly performed in Bonn, on a text commemmorating the death of the English ambassador George Cressener.

Comment

D = Die Geschöpfe des Prometheus.
                                Hess 90
                                🎹

Comment

Working...
                                X