Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The A-Z Beethoven Quiz (rules of the game)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Q

String Quintet in G minor.
    🎹

Comment

Snap!

Comment

Ouch! Michael and I clashed and posted at the same time.
        🎹

Comment

Originally posted by Megan View Post
          Q

String Quintet in G minor.
          Are you not thinking of Mozart, Megan?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            Are you not thinking of Mozart, Megan?
            Hey, you're absolutely right Michael

Well, there's no pulling the strings over your eyes .
            🎹

Comment

I wasn't trying to be smart, Megan, but you got my hopes up there for a Beethoven work I hadn't heard!

Off the top of my head, G minor doesn't ring a bell with me as regards Beethoven. Oh, yes - one of the Opus 49 piano sonatas but I can't immediately think of another. No doubt someone will correct me.

The longer this quiz runs, the funnier it's going to get, as we all struggle through the alphabet.

Last edited by Michael; 09-21-2012, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                I wasn't trying to be smart, Megan, but you got my hopes up there for a Beethoven work I hadn't heard!

The longer this quiz runs, the funnier it's going to get, as we all struggle through the alphabet.
                But Michael, you were smart and quick to spot the error.

I do have a Q , but not sure of its relevance.
                🎹

Comment

Shall we go for R
                  🎹

Comment

R = Requiem in c-sharp minor, a project B had contemplated for some time and was about to enter into at the time of his death.

Comment

String Quintet in C, Wo0 62
                      🎹

Comment

T = The Thirty-two piano sonatas (that's right, John Suchet - thirty-two!), an unparalleled body of single genre works within all piano classical music repertoire.

Comment

Even if you say 35 you still have a valid T.
                          What's wrong with the Electoral Sonatas? If Mozart wrote them, everybody would be frothing at the mouth!

Comment

Nothing wrong with them (or the unfinished fragments), Mike. They're terrific but they are not among the 32!! Come on, Mr Suchet, what say you?

Comment

The Us are getting difficult. Let's see ................

Unger, Max. His transcription in 1926 of Beethoven's form of every letter of the alphabet, in both capital and lower case, gothic and italic, has been of great benefit to generations of Beethoven scholars.

No relation to Caroline Unger of the 9th Symphony, but a nice little U.

Comment

We clashed just now, Peter (as in PDG) but if Mozart's very early efforts can bring his symphonic total up to 41, surely we can allow Beethoven a few early works?

Comment

Working...
                                X