Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vladimir Horowitz Scriabin Prelude Op 59 No 2 The passion is really quite overwhelming
    Love from London

Comment

Haydn's Creation on BBC4 last night!
      'Man know thyself'

Comment

DVD of Bernstein conducting Mahler 2 at Ely cathedral with the LSO, Sheila Armstrong and the magnificent Janet Baker at the height of her powers Absolutely gobsmacking!
        Beethoven the Man!

Comment

Joachim Eggert:

Symphony in C-major. I finally found a complete recording of it.
          "Is it not strange that sheep guts should hale souls out of men's bodies?"

Comment

I'm listening to Symphony op. 9 of Hermann Goetz.

Arno

Comment

Beethoven Piano Trio No. 1 and Schubert Piano Trio No. 2, both in E-flat major, the former Op. 1 (N° 1) and the latter Op. 100 (D.929). And both I urge you to compare.

Just to annoy Chris : the recording I have (Prades, July 1953 and 1952 respectively) is full of "moanings"; could be Casals, Istomin, Fuchs, Horszowski or Schneider, though I suspect the first. They remain historic recordings and I, for one, am grateful for the "extra-musical" content. John Cage would certainly have approved.

Comment

This evening it was the Beethoven Concertos Nos. 4 and 5, van Cliburn with the Chicago Symphony (Fritz Reiner) from recordings of the early 60's. Quite spectacular! And no moaning, sighing, or singing.

Comment

At the moment listening to Dvorak's 6th Symphony. The first movement sounds like a homage to Schumann (particularly with Papillon in mind).

Comment

Ignaz Moscheles:

Piano concerto no. 4 in E
                    Piano concerto no. 5 in C
                    Recollections from Ireland

The above is the last of 3 CD's dedicated to Moscheles' piano concerti in the Hyperion Romantic Piano Concerto series until someone finds the manuscript score of his 8th concerto, or its orchestral parts!! Has anyone found any unidentified score in some obscure archive??

Comment

Debussy Images, and Beethoven piano concertos 1 and 2.
                      'Man know thyself'

Comment

Penderecki's Dies Irae. Just picked this CD up (contains his 8th Symphony and Psalms of David). The Dies Irae was the first of his works I've listened to and have liked his music ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by Hofrat View Post
                          Ignaz Moscheles:

Piano concerto no. 4 in E
                          Piano concerto no. 5 in C
                          Recollections from Ireland

The above is the last of 3 CD's dedicated to Moscheles' piano concerti in the Hyperion Romantic Piano Concerto series until someone finds the manuscript score of his 8th concerto, or its orchestral parts!! Has anyone found any unidentified score in some obscure archive??
                          I just checked my most obscure archives but couldn't find it. Bummer!

Comment

Joseph Haydn, Missa Sancti Nicolai (with the Choir of the English Consort / The English Consort [HIP performance] directed by Trevor Pinnock). Really quite exquisite.

Comment

Robert Schumann:

Fantasy for violin and orchestra
                              C major opus 131

An interesting piece that I heard now for the first time.

Comment

Bach's B minor mass.
                                'Man know thyself'

Comment

Working...
                                X