This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hofrat View Post
    In my modest CD collection, I have four of the six Czerny symphonies and all eight Ries symphonies. Believe me, these are undiscovered treasures. It is easy to discern who their teacher was.

Hofrat
    Your "modest" collection sounds quite nice!! Last night I listened to the first three Dvorak Symphonies. I prefer his style to Brahms.

Comment

Blowing the cobwebs away with ;

Mozart's Concerto for flute and harp. K299
      Royal Philharmonic Orchestra.
      Conducted by. Sir Thomas Beecham.

A delightful and elegant piece.

🎹

Comment

Tonight on NPR Beethoven's 7th Symphony. That'll give me energy to start wrapping those Christmas presents!
        'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Cheers to Joy for actually having bought Christmas presents to wrap!

I'm listening to Mendelssohn's 3 cappricios for piano, Op. 33 played by Martin Jones. Fantastic, virtuostic works for piano showing the "dark side" of Mendelssohn according to the liner notes.

Comment

Christmas presents the easy way

It's really easy for me to wrap Christmas presents, as I mostly give people CDs and CD sets. Thanks to sharp-eyed members of this list, I'm giving two children copies of the book about moving Beethoven's 39 pianos. That's a lovely book, by the way - I read it before I wrapped it - the child won't mind, I'm sure.

And speaking of children: the tv series "Little Einsteins" amazes me. My 3-year-old grandson actually SINGS songs to the main theme of Eine Kleine Nachtmusik, Fur Elise, New World Symphony. He can sing one song that includes the names of all the planets in their order from the sun; he's learned so very much from that program, and he does love it - he watches repeats of their few episodes over and over.
            - Susan

Comment

Originally posted by susanwen View Post
              It's really easy for me to wrap Christmas presents, as I mostly give people CDs and CD sets. Thanks to sharp-eyed members of this list, I'm giving two children copies of the book about moving Beethoven's 39 pianos. That's a lovely book, by the way - I read it before I wrapped it - the child won't mind, I'm sure.

And speaking of children: the tv series "Little Einsteins" amazes me. My 3-year-old grandson actually SINGS songs to the main theme of Eine Kleine Nachtmusik, Fur Elise, New World Symphony. He can sing one song that includes the names of all the planets in their order from the sun; he's learned so very much from that program, and he does love it - he watches repeats of their few episodes over and over.
              - Susan
              Hi Susan, Thanks for the recommendation on the book. I will want to read it also. Kudos to your little grandson, good for him! Another classical music fan when he grows up no doubt, keep it up!

Comment

Debussy: Pelléas et Mélisande. Conductor Roger Désormière (1941).

Comment

Listening to Don Giovanni here at work. The Krips recording.

Comment

Magic Flute - Karl Bohm
                    'Man know thyself'

Comment

Has anyone heard Roger Waters new opera Ca Ira? If not what did you all think of the music on the website?
                      http://www.roger-waters.com/
                      - I hope, or I could not live. - written by H.G. Wells

Comment

Le Nozze Di Figaro - Bohm

Comment

Beethoven - Symphony No. 5 in C minor, Karajan.

Comment

Franz Berwald's symphonies.
                            "Is it not strange that sheep guts should hale souls out of men's bodies?"

Comment

In honour of Beethoven's birthday Symphony No. 7 in A with conductor David Zinman and the Tonhalle Orchestra of Zurich.

Comment

Beethoven's symphony no. 2. After Abbado & Karajan (1962) I've remembered that for some months a catalan newspaper's sunday edition came with a live recording of the Barcelona Symphonic Orchestra directed by Lawrence Foster and I've got some of those, and have never listened to them; I've found LvB 2nd, and man, that's what I call Energy! The winner without doubt

Comment

Working...
                                X