Question about the forum for all of you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Megan View Post
    Why don't we have orange stripes beneath our avatars with posts well over 2000 ? One new member has stripes with 40 posts.
    I actually don't know what those orange bars are even for. If you figure it out, let me know

Regarding the accents and other special characters, I know this is a problem, but it's not easy to fix, so it will take me a bit, but I will get that sorted out.

Comment

Does it to Saint-Saens too: Saint-Sa?ns

Now there is supposed to be a way to get these special characters from the keyboard with special key sequences. Wonder if that would work.

That does not work eiither. Scroll down to table.
      https://howtotypeanything.com/letters-with-accents/
      Last edited by Harvey; 09-06-2021, 03:43 AM.
      "Life is too short to spend it wandering in the barren Sahara of musical trash."
      --Sergei Vasilyevich Rachmaninoff

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post

I actually don't know what those orange bars are even for. If you figure it out, let me know

Regarding the accents and other special characters, I know this is a problem, but it's not easy to fix, so it will take me a bit, but I will get that sorted out.
        Chris, have you checked the vBulletin forums? https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vb...laced-by-marks
        There is a discussion there on the characters.

Comment

Originally posted by Sorrano View Post

Chris, have you checked the vBulletin forums? https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vb...laced-by-marks
          There is a discussion there on the characters.
          Yes, I found that thread while I was researching this. That isn't quite what is happening, but it is related. Don't worry, I believe I know how to fix it, I just need to find a solid chunk of time to sit down and do it. I should be able to get to it within the next few weeks.

Comment

Yes, I found that thread while I was researching this. That isn't quite what is happening, but it is related. Don't worry, I believe I know how to fix it, I just need to find a solid chunk of time to sit down and do it. I should be able to get to it within the next few weeks.
            Otherwise make an image file of the word with the accents and paste it in as an image. Not sure how it will fit with the sentence and it is too much work. But it works.

Click image for larger version  Name:	?u=http%3A%2F%2Flecoursdefrancais.weebly.com%2Fuploads%2F2%2F1%2F8%2F6%2F21864886%2F5813775_orig.jpg&f=1&nofb=1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	25.0 KB ID:	117196
            "Life is too short to spend it wandering in the barren Sahara of musical trash."
            --Sergei Vasilyevich Rachmaninoff

Comment

I understand too well the time issue. Good luck with it and thanks for being on top of things here! You've done an outstanding job over the past 20+ years!

Comment

Why don't we have orange stripes beneath our avatars with posts well over 2000 ? One new member has stripes with 40 posts.
                Megan, I am not seeing the stripes. Is it right beneath the avatars?

Comment

Megan, I am not seeing the stripes. Is it right beneath the avatars?

Yes, Chris and Peter have them.

🎹

Comment

Yes, Chris and Peter have them.
                    It's the view I have. If I am not logged in I can see the bars but when I am logged in the view is different and the bars are not there.

Comment

It's the view I have. If I am not logged in I can see the bars but when I am logged in the view is different and the bars are not there.

How weird. I don't recall them on the previous forum. Not that is matters, Its just an observation I made

🎹

Comment

Hi everyone,

As I said in the other thread, I have to upgrade the forum in order to keep it working, and I'm trying to figure out the best way to go. One possibility is to upgrade the forum to the latest version of vBulletin. This would have new features (not terribly useful in my opinion, but they would be there). Or I could attempt to fix this version of the forum to work with the newer underlying technology.

So I thought I would ask for your input before getting too deep into either of these options. Would you rather keep this place looking and working as it is, or would you prefer something more modern? The newer version would look something like this:

https://forum.vbulletin.com/

The colors could stay the same as we have now, or I could come up with new look, but I'm just asking about the general look and feel.

Does anyone have any thoughts?
                        I would leave it as it is
                        I'm a member of https://musescore.com/our-products family

Comment

Originally posted by Arciom Nesterovich View Post

I would leave it as it is
                          Well, you're a bit late - we're already on the latest version of vBulletin! It seems to be working well for us, but I still have a problem to fix with showing certain kinds of text.

Comment

Working...
                          X