No announcement yet.

Question about the forum for all of you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking at my post above, the letters with accents are replaced by a question mark. Does it appear that way to you, too?

Comment

Or is it a post-Brexit strategy to do away with fancy European spelling conventions? Hah !!

Comment

There's probably a setting to display the accents, etc., but I could not it. It might be a global setting that Chris could set.

Comment

OK, thanks Sorrano. Hope you are well, by the way.

Comment

I'm doing okay, thanks! Hope you are well. I've had some asthma in the last few years, so that's been a bummer.

Comment

Originally posted by Quijote View Post
              Actually, there is one thing I noticed: it seems that I can't use accents such as umlauts, e-acute, e-grave, etc.
              I give an example of each to show you what I mean:
              - Sch?nberg (with o-umlaut);
              - Faur? (with e-acute);
              - Fr?re (with e-grave on the first "e").
              Were you able to do that on the old version of the forum?

Comment

Yes, I was.

Comment

Hm, that's odd. It may be related to some other issues with text in the database that I have been seeing. I will look into this, because it should work.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                    Hm, that's odd. It may be related to some other issues with text in the database that I have been seeing. I will look into this, because it should work.
                    Could individual setting prevent the display of the characters?

Comment

Originally posted by Sorrano View Post

Could individual setting prevent the display of the characters?
                      No, I think it's a combination of database character set problems and another setting. It's not trivial to fix, but I'll get it sorted out.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Why don't we have orange stripes beneath our avatars with posts well over 2000 ? One new member has stripes with 40 posts.
                          🎹

Comment

I found the board won't let me use accents above a letter , as in the name, Durufle, which should have an accent above the ' e ' .
                            Last edited by Megan; 09-05-2021, 06:52 AM.
                            🎹

Comment

On some forums I can copy and paste a word with the accents from elsewhere, but in this forum that did not even work as here is what happens to the accented e when I do that, though it shows the accent in the preview, it changes to a ? when I post it:

Durufl?
                              Last edited by Harvey; 09-06-2021, 03:38 AM.
                              "Life is too short to spend it wandering in the barren Sahara of musical trash."
                              --Sergei Vasilyevich Rachmaninoff

Comment

Originally posted by Harvey View Post
                                On some forums I can copy and paste a word with the accents from elsewhere, but in this forum that did not even work as here is what happens to the accented e when I do that, though it shows the accent in the preview, it changes to a ? when I post it:

Durufl?

Exactly , I copied and pasted from the BBC Radio 3 programme to this site , but it wouldn't do the accented e. How odd. I like to try and get the spelling right.
                                🎹

Comment

Working...
                                X