A fair question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A fair question.

Have any of you ever read a score on a computer screen? For example a PDF document which is a musical score. It has always been difficult for me to read PDF scores in the computer or, more generally, any kind of electronic score. I have tried, at the IMSLP forum, to explain the kind of difficulties I experience, and have asked which PDF reader is most appropriate for the job, and even if there are professional PDF readers for musicians, but I have failed miserably. It's very difficult to explain the matter to people who don't read music, and the guys who answered me very clearly don't, judging by the kind of replies I obtained.

Well, if the answer to my question is yes, I would like to know how do you do when the page has many staves and it will only fit in the screen when zooming it such that you no longer can read the notes (I mean the notes are now too small). Or suppose the page contains 10 bars, and the first 4 bars are at the top and the rest is printed below, for instance. I won't explain further for now, for I think the ones who happen to have read electronic scores on a computer with some frequency have had the same kind of difficulty I experience. If the second question seems ambiguous, I can expand in the matter.

Well yes Enrique, but rarely, as with reading I prefer the real thing, a book! Gerd posts them with his arrangements of the Bach 48. Have a look at the pdf links.
    http://www.gyrix.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4912
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

Working...
    X