No announcement yet.

Tilting at windmills in Vienna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another one of the interior, an exhibit on B's death mask.
    Attached Files

Comment

More technical problems, it seems the software doesn't like me to post too many snapshots. I'll sign off then sign on again to continue ...

Comment

Another shot of the exterior of B's lodgings in Heiligenstadt where he wrote the "Testament".

Comment

Hmm... still not working. I'll reboot and try again. Sorry about this.

Comment

Another shot of the exterior as missing above:
            Attached Files

Comment

A different LvB lodging in Heiligenstadt, present occupants unknown, not open to the public.
              Attached Files

Comment

And now to the Central Cemetery where LvB now lies (in the company of a bunch of other famous musicians).
                Attached Files

Comment

And here's one of the Artaria publishing house!
                  Attached Files

Comment

And another shot of Artaria...
                    Attached Files

Comment

OK folks, I'll stop there. You can find much better photos of all these places I've visited on the web.

Comment

[Sotto voce]: Hey Hollywood, don't forget to send me that little parcel of LvB exhibits we "picked up" whilst in Heiligenstadt. If the police or customs nab me when I go to collect them, I'll say my name is Peter from the BRS.

Comment

Originally posted by Quijote View Post
                          OK folks, I'll stop there. You can find much better photos of all these places I've visited on the web.
                          It might be that there are better photos, but when these places are seen through the eyes of a friend they have greater personal impact. Thank you for sharing!

Although I've seen pictures of the death mask before, this particular time your photo evoked a reaction I've not had before. Your venture had to be quite moving!

Comment

Originally posted by Sorrano View Post
                            Although I've seen pictures of the death mask before, this particular time your photo evoked a reaction I've not had before.
                            Interestingly, I had a different reaction than I have had before. Something more life-like about it, maybe? I really don't know.
                            - I hope, or I could not live. - written by H.G. Wells

Comment

Working...
                            X