Local places of interest in your town

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Local places of interest in your town

I had to capture this beautiful artistic floral display in our local park.
    Just like to share with you.
    🎹

How absolutely beautiful, Megan. Thank you for posting it.

Comment

Stunnig-- thanks megan
      "It was not the fortuitous meeting of the chordal atoms that made the world; if order and beauty are reflected in the constitution of the universe, then there is a God."

Comment

Not far from where I live - great for lovely walks and river trips!
        'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post

Not far from where I live - great for lovely walks and river trips!
          Very beautiful, Peter. Does anyone live in the castle? It looks just like
          something out of a fairytale.

Comment

A very imposing castle Peter, do they hold performance there?
            Great picture too with the colourful reflections in the water.

Thanks Angnes and EternaLisa
            The council do different displays for all seasons in the park, during the hard winter last year,they put on an ice sculpture.
            Last edited by Megan; 09-05-2011, 09:23 AM.
            🎹

Comment

Hm...well...we've got a Wal-Mart.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                Hm...well...we've got a Wal-Mart.
                I thought Maryland was a beautiful US state, with lots of things to see there.
                I understand that it is named after Mary Tudor, the last Catholic sovereign of England (alas).
                🎹

Comment

Yes, but not in my town! There are some nice vineyards and farms here in Maryland. And of course there are the points of interest in Washington D.C. But I don't think any of that compares to Peter's castle!

Comment

Originally posted by Agnes Selby View Post
                    Very beautiful, Peter. Does anyone live in the castle? It looks just like
                    something out of a fairytale.
                    Yes the castle is lived in and fortunately it is also open to the public.
                    'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Megan View Post
                      A very imposing castle Peter, do they hold performance there?
                      Great picture too with the colourful reflections in the water.

Thanks Angnes and EternaLisa
                      The council do different displays for all seasons in the park, during the hard winter last year,they put on an ice sculpture.
                      Not that I'm aware of - there is also a small cathedral in the town and they tend to take place there.
                      'Man know thyself'

Comment

I would be very happy to post some photos of local places of interest, but I have no idea how to (being rather a neanderthal, technologically speaking, though I do now possess a digital camera!). Could anyone give me very, very easy instructions how to?
                        If I can master the technique for doing so, it could also be useful when discussing scores etc., whereby I could scan the passage in question and post it.

Comment

Originally posted by Philip View Post
                          I would be very happy to post some photos of local places of interest, but I have no idea how to (being rather a neanderthal, technologically speaking, though I do now possess a digital camera!). Could anyone give me very, very easy instructions how to?
                          If I can master the technique for doing so, it could also be useful when discussing scores etc., whereby I could scan the passage in question and post it.

I think it deserves a special thread on these technical issues -
                          and it would be lovely to see living where you do in beautiful Strasbourg!
                          'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post
                            I think it deserves a special thread on these technical issues -
                            and it would be lovely to see living where you do in beautiful Strasbourg!
                            Yes, when I master the technique I shall show you all the wonders of Strasbourg : the interior of my fridge with its various delicacies, my wine cellar ...
                            Last edited by Quijote; 09-06-2011, 01:52 PM. Reason: Spelling, yet again.

Comment

Originally posted by Philip View Post
                              Yes, when I master the technique I shall show you all the wonders of Strasbourg : the interior of my fridge with its various delicacies, my wine cellar ...

What I do Philip is, upload the pictures from my cell phone, you can also do this with your camera, then they are saved on your computer.
                              I then upload them to my Flickr account where they are also saved, the great thing about flickr, is that you can change the size of the photo's, usually I choose 'meduim' if I want copy it to a website such a the one I posted above. What you do to post a picture is - copy and paste .
                              Firstly choose your piccy, then right click on it , you will see option bar there, choose copy, ok. now keep that and come onto the forum then right click again, and press , paste

you will need to put these tags before and after the address of the link. For example, [img]picture address link[/img]

Chris or Peter will probably walk you through it better than I .
                              Though I will help as much as I can.
                              🎹

Comment

Working...
                              X