A Breath of fresh air

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sorrano View Post
    Would you want all people, regardless of job or skill acquired, to earn the same amount?
    No. Goodness no. Quite the opposite. What you ask is what Communism is - a system that does not work because everyone makes the same thing and there is no incentive.

I am saying let there be classes, let there be incentive, let there be jobs, etc.

Though, as I said, it is just a dream and the hardships of a free-for-all democracy are the bitter and horrifying truth. Horrifying not to all but to many.
    - I hope, or I could not live. - written by H.G. Wells

Comment

A good example is the Australian Education System. For instance, the 47 graduating
      students who came top of the year in the State of New South Wales
      all received scholarships to whichever university they preferred.
      They are receiving $10,000 per year until graduation. This is a reward for hard work. I am familiar with this award as my grandson is one of the recipients. His dedicated hard work was rewarded.

As one of our Prime Minister's said, "the world owes you nothing, you have to
      prove yourself", and believe it or not, Preston, he was a Labor Prime Minister.

Idlers do not deserve to be supported by those who work hard, be it physically
      or mentally. Taking money from successful workers in order to support idlers
      is pure and simple robbery. Taxes cover most of the necessary support
      idlers deserve. Drugs and alcohol are not on the list of required support.

Comment

There is a controversy in this country (US) with regards to taxing the rich more so that the country can get out of debt. Is that just? Perhaps a sly form of redistribution? There are many arguments for and against such proposals, but I bring it up as I feel it is related and not to offer opinion on it.

Comment

All I know to say is each to their own.

I have written a good portion of how I feel, whether anyone here likes it or not it does not matter, it is what I believe and to a great level, and I know there are many supportive of it.

Comment

Preston, I don't mean to be picking on you. You've offered food for thought and we respond with our own ideas. I think it has been a good discussion and there shouldn't be any feelings hurt in regards to one's own beliefs. You have a good heart and are appreciated on the forum.

Comment

Thank you Sorrano. By no means are feelings hurt on my part and hopefully on no one elses part. No hard feelings on my part either.

Comment

Originally posted by Preston View Post
                Thank you Sorrano. By no means are feelings hurt on my part and hopefully on no one elses part. No hard feelings on my part either.
                Of course not Preston - it has been a very good debate. I think you have some fundamentally good points, but they are a little idealistic without fully thinking of the implications and practicalities. In the UK some strides are being made in the right direction because the basic threshold for paying tax has been raised and there is an idealistic vision of raising it to £10,000 before anyone has to pay, helping the lowest paid workers - it will take time to achieve because of the dire global situation.
                'Man know thyself'

Comment

Thank you Peter.

Fundamentals is really all I know - not statistics, .

It just seems that a modernized society based on money should have a form of redistribution of money to help the oppressed, yet at the same time provide incentive. It seems like common sense.

Another, fundamental, is the prisons of today. Something must be done - they are terrifying, truly. Nothing can really be gained from being locked behind bars in an extremely brutal environment.

Comment

Originally posted by Preston View Post
                    Thank you Peter.

Fundamentals is really all I know - not statistics, .

It just seems that a modernized society based on money should have a form of redistribution of money to help the oppressed, yet at the same time provide incentive. It seems like common sense.
                    Hi Preston,

Just buttin in again because I spotted a neat article on the internet today and I immediately thought that I should share it with you. Enjoy!!

http://shine.yahoo.com/event/poweryo...id-it-2573956/
                    Welfare mom creates million dollar biz: how she did it

xoxoxox

PHX
                    Last edited by EternaLisa; 10-06-2011, 09:55 PM. Reason: Because the *Punch Line* is the one you should not miss: “You can create your own life.”
                    "It was not the fortuitous meeting of the chordal atoms that made the world; if order and beauty are reflected in the constitution of the universe, then there is a God."

Comment

Well it is common sense that someone can "make it". That is obvious as has been seen throughout history when the basis of the wealth of the society is money.

Whether it is right (in a "spiritual" sense) to "make it", that is another question.

The punchline is this:

When there is a society based around money there has to be redistribution in order for other people to have wealth. In other words, if everyone was wealthy who would do the work? No one, and, the entire society would collapse (Which, given the society - say America, would not be a bad thing, imo.).
                      Last edited by Preston; 10-07-2011, 12:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post
                        Again you can't generalise about all billionaires - don't forget that millionaires create jobs and some billionaires are doing a lot of good, take the Bill Gates foundation for example. http://www.gatesfoundation.org/Pages/home.aspx
                        I had a thought about the "Bill Gates Foundation", and came to what I feel is the truth. I wanted to share in hope that some may understand the treachery and sickness of Gates greedy self.

First, as you know I believe that the blood-sucking is done from the rich - otherwise they would not be rich. Many consider "America" (I am speaking about America politically) to be free, good, etc. I have come to despise with much that is in me, and hopefully eventually all that is in me, that way of thinking. "America The Great" has a great and overwhelming plague, as do many countries. America is a country of such unimaginable oppression and pain the sheer thought of it is far beyond disturbing. Anyway.

The problem I have with money is, imo, it is a form of greed. A greed that when one takes too much they step on their fellow beings - smashing their brains into the ground - perhaps that is to lightly put. I think the more serious and better way to put it is because the greedy individual takes more of the pie than they should, naturally, they cause others who also want the pie to not have any - and therefore make them spend not seconds, not days, not months, not years, etc. - but their entire lives in a world of confinement and chains - if you will. I think I would rather wake up daily and be beaten to death (and perhaps far more) with a bat than live in utter poverty, homelessness, prison, etc. Though, that is me.

Anyway, as for Bill Gates. To my mind is one of the greatest thieves of all time. The reason being is because Gates created an operating system that was wholly proprietary. He/Microsoft then refused to share the source code with any other. Now there is no real universal operating system (where there would be choice and diversity) - most programs/application run under Windows not because they want to because they have to, because of people like Gates.

I am not attempting to rail all rich people. Though, I do wonder how someone could be so sick and insane as to take or have so much money then to see not just someone but an entire world of starvation and suffering and continue to hold on to more than their fair share. It reminds me of a bunch of insane Nazi's bleeding, starving, tormenting, etc. their fellow beings to such a level of pain and terror.

Also, wanted to add about the political America - it acts like it doing the right thing, but in truth, to my mind, it is as insane as it is consumptive.

As for success, as Robert mentioned, "success in modern times" as a plague of endless disease. True success, imo, is in honesty and truth, etc.
                        Last edited by Preston; 11-15-2011, 09:00 AM. Reason: removed a sentence that was a too hateful and wrong

Comment

Working...
                        X