X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beethoven: Symphony No. 4
    Chamber Orchestra of Europe/Harnoncourt

The symphony is part of the superb, critically acclaimed set of all the LvB symphonies from the fabulous Harnoncourt. There's a tension and drama here and incandescent playing. I especially love the 2nd movement of the 4th.

(The people over the road have their kids home for school holidays and have had country music absolutely blaring from their house today. I complained about this to my husband and he said, "well, you'll soon remedy that"! So, my new hi-fi is getting an extra workout today with Beethoven. Fortunately I live on one acre, surrounded by other acre properties. Friends have quipped, "you're trapped on a larger property now because of your sound equipment". True enough.)
    Last edited by Humoresque; 09-28-2016, 03:45 AM. Reason: Type faster than I can think.

Comment

Mozart - Piano Concerto No. 27, K 595

The third movement contains one of my favorite Mozart melodies, used again in the song "Sehnsucht nach dem Frühling" (also called "Komm, lieber Mai"), K 596.

Comment

Wagner: Flying Dutchman opera. Klemperer.
        "Life is too short to spend it wandering in the barren Sahara of musical trash."
        --Sergei Vasilyevich Rachmaninoff

Comment

Working...
        X