Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Cello Concerto in B minor, Op. 104, Antonín Dvořák.

My friend loves it, and I am going to do a series of paintings inspired by it for her. I can see why she likes it- it's dramatic!
    Ludwig van Beethoven
    Den Sie wenn Sie wollten
    Doch nicht vergessen sollten

Comment

Ludwig van Beethoven

Piano Quintet, Op 16
      Ensemble: The Nash Ensemble.

Mozart Beethoven - Piano Quintets.
      🎹

Comment

Grieg: Opus 64, Symphonic Dances

Comment

Originally posted by Megan View Post

Ludwig van Beethoven: Piano Quintet, Op 16

Snap! Listened to it yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            Snap! Listened to it yesterday.
            You must be a Radio 3 listener!
            🎹

Comment

Justin Bieber plays Beethoven.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CRWkV3m878[/YOUTUBE]

Let's hope that Beethoven will help turn his life round and make a success of it, and that he becomes committed to music in a more serious form!

http://www.classicfm.com/composers/b...upUVHZ2Ps3Z.97

Last edited by Megan; 01-19-2016, 06:51 PM.
              🎹

Comment

Here's an impartial review of his performance:

http://www.classicfm.com/composers/b...WrIBI2CwmcB.97

Comment

You're telling me the youtube comment section isn't impartial?

"This is just plain disgusting. The two seconds that actually consisted of Beethoven weren't even good. My prayers go out to those who actually appreciate music and have heard this crap."

"omg baby i love you justin"

Comment

Now, be fair! Justin was using his creative genius to improve "Fur Elise".

Comment

Originally posted by hal9000 View Post
                      You're telling me the youtube comment section isn't impartial?

"This is just plain disgusting. The two seconds that actually consisted of Beethoven weren't even good. My prayers go out to those who actually appreciate music and have heard this crap."

"omg baby i love you justin"

What are you talking about prayers going out! What a bizarre comment! Who are you to judge people that want to learn? I don't suppose he was looking for criticism in the first place. I would like to encourage, not criticize.
                      I think it is great if someone wants learn piano and aspire to improve , even if they a prisoner and want to learn the piano, it might improve them. Do it.........I'm all for that.

Last edited by Megan; 01-20-2016, 02:36 PM.
                      🎹

Comment

Josquin - Missa Pange lingua
                        The Tallis Scholars

Brilliant polyphony!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                          Now, be fair! Justin was using his creative genius to improve "Fur Elise".
                          He was playing the right notes, just not necessarily in the right order..
                          Ludwig van Beethoven
                          Den Sie wenn Sie wollten
                          Doch nicht vergessen sollten

Comment

I have been rediscovering Beethoven’s Complete Works For Cello & Piano by listening to a fairly new release by Xavier Philips and François-Frédéric Guy. I forgot how delightfully lyrical these sonatas are and how versatile the cello is. The recording is bright, strong and dynamic . Guy impressed me when I saw him perform the ‘Pastoral’, ‘Moonlight’ and ‘Hammerklavier’ piano sonatas at the RNCM during their Beethoven Festival.
                            Fidelio

Must it be.....it must be

Comment

So this man sort of blew up on the internet recently. He improvs on all sorts of tunes at the drop of a hat, with themes ranging from movies, TV shows, video games, and occasionally Beethoven.

http://www.twitch.tv/pianoimproman/v...56?t=10h38m14s

Born and raised in the Bronx, NYC in 1944, Bernie Katzman began the art of improvisation at age three and was studying formally by age four. He studied at the renowned Juilliard School of Music Prep Division at age 10 and attended the High School of Music and Art in Manhattan before earning his Bachelors and Masters degrees in music performance at Juilliard.

Bernie began his professional music career performing at the opening of Lincoln Center as a tenor in a performance of Beethoven’s 9th under the baton of the iconic Leonard Bernstein. He has since performed concerts throughout the NYC metropolitan area and was most notably recognized for his concert at Carnegie Recital Hall, which consisted of works by Bach, Beethoven, Chopin and Liszt. Unique to this concert was Bernie’s performance of his own freestyle improvisations. Bernie is an unparalleled pianist in the art of improvisation and is known for his outstanding expertise and talent in the creation of piano works in all forms, lengths and styles.

Bernie has an extensive career in the field of non-classical music as well. It includes jazz performance, being a show-band and club date leader in the NYC metropolitan area, and studio recording work.

Bernie has composed and produced many improvisational CDs ranging from New Age Classical, Yiddish and Hebrew melodies, your favorite Christmas carols including his original song “Stay With Me On This Christmas Night”, “Hanukkah at Home with Bernie” and “An American Prayer”, a production dedicated to victims of 9/11 and their families.

Comment

Here's an impromptu pizza jingle.
                                Last edited by hal9000; 01-29-2016, 11:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X