Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The A-Z Beethoven Quiz (rules of the game)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H is for Hummel, B's rival and pupil of Mozart. Visited B on his deathbed a couple of times and present at the funeral.

Comment

I = Immortal Beloved, some lady important in B's life, but of a rather mysterious nature

Comment

I is for Immortal Beloved, whoever she might be.

(I will save Gorgo for the next round.)

Comment

You beat me, Roehre, no tie this time!

Comment

"I am Bacchus, who presses out this glorious wine for men and makes them drunk".
            A famous quotation from Beethoven about his music. Unfortunately, it came from Bettino Brentano who was not noted for her veracity.

(While I was posting this, a much better one beat me to it!)

Comment

J = Josephine. Bonaparte's mistress, which kind of ties in with a certain symphony. Do we accept my offer? Not now, later if you want ...

Comment

Sorrano, being the gentleman that I am, I shall stand aside and allow you the next attempt at a proper 'X'...

Comment

Originally posted by Philip View Post
                  J = Josephine. Bonaparte's mistress, which kind of links in with a certain symphony. Do we accept my offer? Not now, later if you want ...
                  No.

Comment

Originally posted by PDG View Post
                    Sorrano, being the gentleman that I am, I shall stand aside and allow you the next attempt at a proper 'X'...
                    Thank you kindly!

Comment

Originally posted by PDG View Post
                      No.
                      Fair enough, just checking. I'm off to bed, sorry, I'm whacked.
                      J is for ...

Comment

J is for Joke, as in Musical Joke, WoO 204

Comment

Kotzebue wrote the libretto for the "Ruins of Athens".

Comment

L is for Leonore, the lead character of Beethoven's opera Fidelio, and also used as the title for earlier versions of the opera.

Comment

M = Adolf Bernhard Marx, editor of the Berliner allgemeine musikalische Zeitung (music journal). His reviews were read and appreciated by Beethoven.

Comment

N = Napoleon, little Corsican turned Frenchman, subject of B's wrath and commemorated by a gigantic funeral march in a symphony 20 years before his death.

Comment

Working...
                                X