Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The A-Z Beethoven Quiz (rules of the game)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K 466. Mozart's Piano Concerto No. 20 for which Beethoven wrote cadenzas.
    (That's why the DGG Complete Beethoven Edition contains a complete work by Mozart!)

Comment

Good one, Michael!

Comment

L = London. Haydn had planned to take Beethoven there with him, but the project never came to be realized.

Comment

M = Marriage, something Beethoven never got around to.

Comment

What? London, a place Beethoven never visited? And Marriage, an institution into which Beethoven never entered?? What next? Neptune - a planet never to give an LvB concert?! Well, gentlemen! I take my leave, and off I shall go with a huff and a puff...

Comment

Originally posted by PDG View Post
              What? London, a place Beethoven never visited? And Marriage, an institution into which Beethoven never entered?? What next? Neptune - a planet never to give an LvB concert?! Well, gentlemen! I take my leave, and off I shall go with a huff and a puff...
              The marriage bit was something that Beethoven wanted quite badly, at least with certain women, not to mention a certain letter to a certain person that was never delivered.

Speaking of never, hope that you never repeat your cramp discomfort.

Comment

Well, it is round 15 (?)

My N was going to be an unrecorded interview with Beethoven.

Q: "Herr Beethoven, have you any children?"
                A: "Nein, nein!".
                Q: "Good Heavens! And you never married!"
                A: "Sorry! I thought you meant symphonies! I am deaf, you know!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Sorrano View Post
                  The marriage bit was something that Beethoven wanted quite badly, at least with certain women, not to mention a certain letter to a certain person that was never delivered.

Speaking of never, hope that you never repeat your cramp discomfort.
                  We posted at the same time, Sorrano. And it was my cramps, not PDG,s.
                  Actually, Cramps would make a good C for round 212, as Beethoven suffered all his life from them.

Comment

A good job he never suffered from writer's cramp...

Comment

A good job he never suffered from writer's cramp...
                      It is quite possible that he did suffer writers cramp now and then.
                      Anyhoo, I am getting confused where we are now.
                      🎹

Comment

N for..

Beethoven's opinion of Napoleon :
                        Even with that Bastard I made a mistake.

Last edited by Megan; 11-24-2012, 06:24 PM.
                        🎹

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                          We posted at the same time, Sorrano. And it was my cramps, not PDG,s.
                          Actually, Cramps would make a good C for round 212, as Beethoven suffered all his life from them.
                          Sorry, I was suffering from a brain cramp.
                          Last edited by Sorrano; 11-24-2012, 05:18 PM. Reason: Wait, do I really have a brain?

Comment

O = Oblique motion: Two melodic lines, where one voice remains stationary, while the other moves. Beethoven would have studied this contrapuntal principle with his various teachers.

Comment

Piffle!

Sorry - I meant:

Pfeffel, G. C. He wrote the lyrics to WoO117 "Der freie Mann".
                              That's about it.

Comment

Q is for Quoniam tu solus sanctus, the beginning of the final allegro of the Missa Solemnis.

Comment

Working...
                                X