Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The A-Z Beethoven Quiz (rules of the game)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking of Grills, the next entry brings us right on cue for - Grillparzer was 17 years of age when he first met Beethoven in Heiligenstadt, where he was staying with his mother in the same house as Beethoven.

He has left an account of how his mother would sit on the landing listening to Beethoven playing the piano. But one day Beethoven discovered this, flew into a rage and refused to play another note until the Grillparzers had returned to Vienna.
    Last edited by Megan; 11-20-2012, 01:49 PM.
    🎹

Comment

Originally posted by Megan View Post
      Speaking of Grills, the next entry brings us right on cue for - Grillparzer was 17 years of age when he first met Beethoven in Heiligenstadt, where he was staying with his mother in the same house as Beethoven.

He has left an account of how his mother would sit on the landing listening to Beethoven playing the piano. But one day Beethoven discovered this, flew into a rage and refused to play another note until the Grillparzers had returned to Vienna.
      Megan and Sorrano: You may have hit on a brilliant idea to keep this thread going, that is: having a connection (however silly) between the items - apart from the alphabet, of course.

On second thoughts, it's tough enough without that!

Comment

Did Beethoven ever visit Hamburg? If so that would be an H.

Comment

Another 'H', if you would be so kind, Sorrano !!!

Comment

H is for Hallelujah, the title for the English version of the final chorus from Christ on the Mount of Olives. It is well known as Beethoven's Hallelujah Chorus.

Comment

P.S., Sorry for the previous H; I am hungry.

Comment

How about Humming to Hummel

Last edited by Megan; 11-21-2012, 05:56 AM.
                🎹

Comment

Sorry Megan, we've already had Hummel. Hum us another "H" if you'd be so kind!

Comment

Originally posted by Quijote View Post
                    Sorry Megan, we've already had Hummel. Hum us another "H" if you'd be so kind!

Haydn was sufficiently impressed to tell Beethoven that if he could arrange to come to Vienna, he would gladly take him on as a pupil.
                    🎹

Comment

I = Inversion(s). See my thread about Beethoven's comments on Albrechtsberger's counterpoint course for validation of this "I" entry. Add "Thumbing my nose" icon.

Comment

Originally posted by Megan View Post
                        Haydn was sufficiently impressed to tell Beethoven that if he could arrange to come to Vienna, he would gladly take him on as a pupil.
                        A quick paranthèse : I can't believe we have omitted to mention Haydn before as an "H" entry on this quiz. Is that really possible? Let's run with it !
                        J is for ... PDG jigging about looking for a suitable entry ...

Comment

Originally posted by Quijote View Post
                          A quick paranthèse : I can't believe we have omitted to mention Haydn before as an "H" entry on this quiz. Is that really possible? Let's run with it !
                          J is for ... PDG jigging about looking for a suitable entry ...
                          J = Joseph - Haydn's first name...

Comment

Originally posted by PDG View Post
                            J = Joseph - Haydn's first name...
                            Opportunist ! Lazy bum !
                            Oh alright, we'll take your 'J' as a valid entry.
                            K is for ...

Comment

Come on, somebody give us this round's "K", 'coz I got a great "L".
                              Don't mess me around, I want the "L" !!

Comment

K is for ...

Comment

Working...
                                X