Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The A-Z Beethoven Quiz (rules of the game)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G major = a home key used very sparsely by Mr v B (as is also the case with E).

Only one early quartet, two early trios, two small sonatas and the 4th piano concerto come to mind as being in G...

Comment

Originally posted by Enrique View Post
      I quit. This is not fair game!
      We both posted at the same time. It happens.

Comment

I mean Quijote should have ruled out common names and allow only proper ones, if I may say.

Comment

I mean Quijote should have ruled out common names and allow only proper ones, if I may say.
          Well, it started out with certain rules which were obeyed but this is Round 13 and we are all struggling to find new names and other information. Quijote is also struggling to keep track of it.
          This thread will eventually die of natural causes. It's just a bit of fun really.

Last edited by Michael; 10-24-2012, 01:01 PM.

Comment

H. A key never used by Beethoven (or any other composer).
            (Although some genius will point out that in German musical notation, B flat is represented by an H ).

Just kidding, anyway. Here is a better one:

"Herr Graf, ich komme zu fragren" (Translated as: "Count, I come to ask".)
            Canon, Hess 276.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
              H. A key never used by Beethoven (or any other composer).
              (Although some genius will point out that in German musical notation, B flat is represented by an H ).

Just kidding, anyway. Here is a better one:

"Herr Graf, ich komme zu fragren" (Translated as: "Count, I come to ask".)
              Canon, Hess 276.

Michael, you beat me to my H by seconds!
              🎹

Comment

is for the Illnesses that Beethoven suffered from
                Last edited by Megan; 10-24-2012, 01:31 PM.
                🎹

Comment

Originally posted by Megan View Post
                  Michael, you beat me to my H by seconds!
                  Apologies, Megan, but it's a fight to the death from now on.

(I've heard of people with dancing eyes but I've never seen one until now!)

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                    Apologies, Megan, but it's a fight to the death from now on.

(I've heard of people with dancing eyes but I've never seen one until now!)

Marshmallows at dawn Sir!
                    Hope you have a good supply .

Last edited by Megan; 10-24-2012, 02:41 PM.
                    🎹

Comment

Joy, Ode to, the verses LvB used in the 9th.

Comment

K = Kontrabass! Key passages for this most unwieldy of instruments are in the 5th (scherzo) and of course the opening of the finale of the 9th.
                        I once had a term's worth of lessons on the kontrabass when I was younger. Gave up, couldn't deal with the strings being tuned in 4ths!

Comment

And they use only three fingers of the left hand! Don't know when playing on the capotasto.

Comment

And they use only three fingers of the left hand! Don't know when playing on the capotasto.
                            All four fingers when playing certain of the Bach 'cello suites, Enrique! They also use thumb position, which is probably quite painful on the kontrabass (I'm avoiding using the term double bass in case my "K" entry gets invalidated).
                            Never heard that the kontrabass uses the capotasto, I must say.

Comment

But the cello does, doesn't it? But thumb position must necesarily use the capotasto or I'm very wrong.

Comment

But the cello does, doesn't it? But thumb position must necesarily use the capotasto or I'm very wrong.
                                I have never used or seen used a capo on the 'cello (whatever the position), and a kontrabass neither. On guitars, of course!

Comment

Working...
                                X