Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The A-Z Beethoven Quiz (rules of the game)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X = XY chromosome pairs. Beethoven, being a male composer, had this particular genetic make up structure.

Comment

Yellow hammer.

We have the yellow hammer song to thank for the first four-note opening motif in B's 5th symphony.

Sound to me more like the Baliffs knocking at the door.
      Last edited by Megan; 09-26-2012, 05:49 AM.
      🎹

Comment

Originally posted by PDG View Post
        X = XY chromosome pairs. Beethoven, being a male composer, had this particular genetic make up structure.

Icons fail me!

Comment

Originally posted by Sorrano View Post
          Are you sure that Schubert even finished the race, let alone all the songs?
          (Very Good! )

Yes, you're right that Schubert's Shadow stumbled at the last fence, unseating his rider. Luckily though, the amateur, Barry Cooper, happened to be in the crowd and -without even being asked - took SS over the line. Cooper was so impressed with his own contribution to the race that he commissioned a large statue of himself to be placed right in the middle of his own ego.

Last edited by PDG; 09-26-2012, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PDG View Post
            (Very Good! )

Yes, you're right that Schubert's Shadow stumbled at the last fence, unseating his rider. Luckily though, the amateur, Barry Cooper, happened to be in the crowd and -without even being asked - took SS over the line. Cooper was so impressed with his own contribution to the race that he commissioned a large statue of himself to be placed right in the middle of his own ego.

If you look closely you might see a statue of Neubold, as well, looming in the shadows.

Comment

Z= Zuckerberg, poo-face-booked billionaire and nerd who most likely never heard one note by Beethoven.

Comment

Atilla (the Hun!)

Believe it or not, after composing music for the "Ruins of Athens", Beethoven was so impressed with Kotzebue's lyrics () that he suggested they write an opera. B said he would prefer a darker subject and mentioned Atilla in a letter.
                (Came across this today by accident - I've been ploughing through Thayer because of a New Year's resolution to read it from cover to cover before I die. I'm only half-way through.)

Comment

Beethoven the Movie, about a St. Bernard.

Comment

Christus am Ölberge, Op.85
                    🎹

Comment

Beethoven A-Z Round 8
                      Well, after Roehre's "Z" for the last round maybe this is the time to eliminate some letters!
                      OK, new rules from now on:
                      Forget "X", "Y" and "Z". Shall we cut "Q" too?
                      In the meantime, "D" is for ...

Comment

D = Durchfal. Beethoven suffered this constantly. I won't give the English translation!
                        Alright, to help you (though I think you all know what I'm getting at): some writers suffer a written form of this chronic condition.

Comment

Ewig dein, published posthumously. c1811
                          WoO 161

Click image for larger version

Name:	insect.gif
Views:	1
Size:	5.4 KB
ID:	106013
                          Last edited by Megan; 09-26-2012, 06:17 PM.
                          🎹

Comment

Nice GIF, Megan. I nearly smashed my monitor trying to kill it.

Comment

Originally posted by Quijote View Post
                              Beethoven A-Z Round 8
                              Well, after Roehre's "Z" for the last round maybe this is the time to eliminate some letters!
                              OK, new rules from now on:
                              Forget "X", "Y" and "Z". Shall we cut "Q" too?
                              I say No, Philip! Okay, Roehre's Z should have been disallowed (shame on you, Roehre! ), but the real fun here is the struggle to find the more obscure letter offerings. I say let it run.

I, for one, have another X and several Qs...

Comment

Originally posted by Sorrano View Post
                                Nice GIF, Megan. I nearly smashed my monitor trying to kill it.
                                Worse still, I have persistant eye-floaters and I thought a new one had arrived. Thanks a lot, Megan.

Fischer, Gottfried. Friend and neighbour of the young Ludwig. (Hope it hasn't been done already - there's something wrong with the internet tonight and it's taking ages for me to check back.)
                                Last edited by Michael; 09-27-2012, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X