This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what I just listened to

I'm rather partial to this particular recording performed by Clifford Curzon:
    "Beethoven's Movement: The Emperor"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9r9NvPLbYM
    Clifford Curzon " Piano Concerto no. 5" (1. Mov.) Beethoven

maybe that is because his rendition was my first time owning it under certain conditions back during a certain time

I think I'll go immerse myself down into it again, for reminiscing sake...
    Last edited by EternaLisa; 08-30-2011, 11:42 PM. Reason: Typographicalness!
    "It was not the fortuitous meeting of the chordal atoms that made the world; if order and beauty are reflected in the constitution of the universe, then there is a God."

Comment

not to mention I like the feel of how that movement flows under the command of those particular fingers
      "It was not the fortuitous meeting of the chordal atoms that made the world; if order and beauty are reflected in the constitution of the universe, then there is a God."

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fE7nxy6sdUk
        Ferrante and Teicher - The Music Lovers
        I grew up on this too-never get tired of listening to it-an awesome "modern musical" of Tchaikovsky's PC in B - FM

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fW9_mNhqbwA
          Orpheus - Bob James

Another one of my flavorite tunes - makes me wanna get up and dance on the table!

getting a musical euphor-eka by now

Comment

Originally posted by EternaLisa View Post
            I'm rather partial to this particular recording performed by Clifford Curzon:
            "Beethoven's Movement: The Emperor"
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9r9NvPLbYM
            Clifford Curzon " Piano Concerto no. 5" (1. Mov.) Beethoven

I think I'll go immerse myself down into it again, for reminiscing sake...

Yes - I like that recording too. On my copy, he also gives a fine rendition of the "Eroica Variations".

I'm in an English mood today (my ancestry asserting itself) and have been listening to "The Planets" and the "Enigma Variations".

Comment

Last night here in Strasbourg was the usual Sound 'n Light show at the Cathedral (I'm not at all sure it should carry a capital "C"; please advise). In any case, this year was an exception : instead of the usual grand classics relayed via recorded sound source there was in fact a full symphony orchestra playing live. Imagine! I cannot now recall the medley of classics that were played, but I am thankful it didn't rain.
              Last edited by Quijote; 08-31-2011, 07:08 PM. Reason: If my ears serve me, there was no Beethoven. Tourists don't like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Philip View Post
                Last night here in Strasbourg was the usual Sound 'n Light show at the Cathedral (I'm not at all sure it should carry a capital "C"; please advise).
                It should not carry a capital 'C'.

Comment

Originally posted by Philip View Post
                  (I'm not at all sure it should carry a capital "C"; please advise).
                  I'm so smart I had to look it up on the web - if cathedral is used with a proper name-then by all means, give it a big C (or so that's how I translated it-am I wrong? ) buuuut.... usually--Big C little c - no matter to me--if I succeeded in correct spelling, that's usually good enough for me (Si, Senor?? I can't even spell "but")

Comment

I'm slow com-post-ing (composing posts) today, PDC -- sorry

Comment

If it didn't rain and you were happier as a result, Philip--I'm glad for you

The sound of light!

Comment

If it didn't rain and you were happier as a result, Philip--I'm glad for you

The sound of light!
                        Now I have to go listen to Ligeti's Lux Aeterna!!

Comment

I'm slow com-post-ing (composing posts) today, PDC -- sorry
                          Hi Lisa. It's very nice to know you. But I am not PDC, I am PDG. Although PDC and I are identical twins (only our mother can tell us apart), I tend to be the more handsome sibling...

Comment

Today:

Maderna:
                            Hyperion III (1963/’64)

Zimmermann:
                            Sonata for Cello-solo (1960)

Stoltzer:
                            Missa duplex per totum Annum (c.1518)
                            Accessit ad Pedes
                            O admirabile Commercium
                            Im Gottes Namen fahren wir
                            König, ein Herr ob alle Reich
                            Ich klag‘ den Tag
                            De Sancto martino
                            Octo tonorum Melodiae
                            (1522/’26)

Fitkin:
                            Cello concerto (R3: Proms)

Comment

Originally posted by PDG View Post
                              Hi Lisa. It's very nice to know you. But I am not PDC, I am PDG. Although PDC and I are identical twins (only our mother can tell us apart), I tend to be the more handsome sibling...
                              sorry again-I must've suffered a moment of dyslexia (the most intense ones were in the first grade when I wrote my L's backward--I was taught NOT to do that by Ms Teacher )

I'll take your word that you're the better looking of the two-LOL

Comment

Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky — Serenade for Strings in C, Op 48 (2nd movement: Valse)
                                Performer: Orpheus Chamber Orchestra

Antonio Vivaldi — Violin Concerto in C, RV185
                                Performer: La Serenissima Performer: Director Adrian Chandler (violin)

Ludwig van Beethoven — Overture: The Creatures of Prometheus
                                Performer: Bamberg Symphony Performer: Conductor Eugen

Jochum César Franck — Violin Sonata in A (3rd movement)
                                Performer: Jennifer Pike (violin) Performer: Martin Roscoe (piano)
                                Last edited by Megan; 09-01-2011, 06:37 AM.
                                🎹

Comment

Working...
                                X