Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gprengel View Post
    Hi Preston,
    I can tell you that I didn't have one but many different emotions, which developed all from the beginning theme of the 1st movement. Even the sad theme of the the 2nd movement and the vivid Tarentella theme of the Finale derive from this thought eventhough it is so not apparent.
    My idea was to express passion, tenderness (beginning of the development), mourning (Andante and Coda of the 3rd mov.), and the power of live (3rd movement).

Please tell me, Preston, what thought YOU had when you listened to the work.

Gerd
    Gerd, thank you for your response. Sorry for the delay in my response.

I felt similar feelings to what you describe. I did feel peace, tenderness, etc. in the 1st movement, sadness in the second, and liveliness and darker themes in the 3rd. Though, as you said, I feel many different emotions when listening to your violin sonata.

I enjoyed your work, and thought the writing for the piano was done well.

One of the many reasons I wish a person like Beethoven were still alive is so that I could ask him what he was trying to capture with his music. For instance, I would like to ask him what inspired you, prompted you, what were you thinking, etc., when you wrote the 9th? If he would answer clearly, oh, how touching I imagine it would be.
    - I hope, or I could not live. - written by H.G. Wells

Comment

Working...
    X