Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scriabin "Le Poeme de l'extase" Philadelphia Orchestra Riccardo Muti Waiting for the floor to shake towrds the conclusion
    Love from London

Comment

Shostakovich Cello Concerto No. 1 in E-flat; Maria Kliegel (cello) and the Polish National Radio Symphony Orchestra conducted by Antoni Wit

...a haunting piece.

Comment

String Quintet in C-major opus 29, a highly underrated piece!

When I visited the Norwegian National Collections a few years ago, I was shown the only Beethoven manuscript they had: a single half-page of the opus 29 quintet!! Imagine, someone was selling Beethoven manuscripts by the half-page!!
        "Is it not strange that sheep guts should hale souls out of men's bodies?"

Comment

Lately I've been going through the Ring of the Nibelungen (Solti) and enjoying it a lot.

Comment

The complete Beethoven overtures - Zinman and the Zurich Tonhalle Orchestra - a wonderfully exhuberant set.
            'Man know thyself'

Comment

This week: Violinist Christian Tetzlaff and pianist Alexander Lonquich perform all of Beethoven's violin sonatas in a series of concerts at London's Wigmore Hall.

Performance on 3 , BBC Radio 3, 19:00 hrs.
              🎹

Comment

Performance on BBC Radio 3. 19:00

Continuing violinist Christian Tetzlaff and pianist Alexander Lonquich's series of all of Beethoven's Violin Sonatas recorded earlier this month at London's Wigmore Hall. Included in the programme is one of Beethoven's most popular Violin Sonatas, the Spring, a work which owes its poetic name to the largely pastoral nature of the outer movements.

Today: 12th
                Beethoven: Violin Sonata No 5 in F, Op 24 (Spring); Violin Sonata No 6 in A, Op 30, No 1; Violin Sonata No 7 in Cm, Op 30, No 2

Friday: 13th
                Beethoven: Violin Sonata No 8 in G, Op 30 No 3; Violin Sonata No 9 in A, Op 47 (Kreutzer); Violin Sonata No 10 in G, Op 96
                Last edited by Megan; 04-12-2007, 06:46 AM.
                🎹

Comment

Listening

< Listening for this evening via BBC Radio 3 >

Christian Tetzlaff
                  Christian Tetzlaff with Alexander Lonquich
                  Friday 13 April 2007 19:00-20:45 (Radio 3)

With Martin Handley.

The conclusion of violinist Christian Tetzlaff and pianist Alexander Lonquich's series of all of Beethoven's violin sonatas, given at London's Wigmore Hall earlier this month. The programme includes Beethoven's Kreutzer Sonata, the work that inspired Leo Tolstoy to write a novella of the same name.

Beethoven: Violin Sonata No 8 in G, Op 30 No 3; Violin Sonata No 9 in A, Op 47 (Kreutzer); Violin Sonata No 10 in G, Op 96
                  🎹

Comment

Beethoven: Piano Sonatas Op 10 played by Vladimir Ashkenazy

Comment

Haydn: Symphonies No. 27, 28, and 31 ("Hornsignal"), Bela Drahos and the Nicolaus Esterhazy Sinfonia on Naxos.

This stuff just puts me in such a good mood! It's so bright and cheerful, perfect for a Saturday morning!

Comment

Ignaz Bruell (1846-1907):

Piano concerto in F opus 10
                        Piano concerto in C opus 24
                        Concertstuck opus88

Comment

Henry Litolff (1818-1891):

Piano concerto in B minor opus 22
                          Piano concerto in D minor opus 102

Comment

Tchaikovsky orchestral suites and Monteverdi Motets. Also Op.116 vocal trio - one of the rare Beethoven pieces we featured on the site.
                            'Man know thyself'

Comment

Beethoven Electoral sonatas - wonderful pieces by the 13 year old composer showing his mastery at a far earlier age than he is generally given credit for. The 1st movement of no.1 even anticipates the structure of the Pathetique sonata with its slow introduction that returns later in the movement.
                              'Man know thyself'

Comment

I am slowly going back through the Koechel catalog (I own about 150 items): I began several weeks ago with the Requiem K. 626; the last piece that I have heard is the clarinet quartet K. 370; next one will be Idomeneo K. 366.

Comment

Working...
                                X