'Copying Beethoven'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Copying Beethoven'

Maybe we should start this topic over again also as it's over 5 pages long too. Here's the last posts of the other thread,

The film premiered in Israel at the Haifa Film Festival and won universal acclaim and another standing ovation. Only the U.S. critics seem to be confused by it. And that is unfortunate. I have been told that people are now seeing trailers in the theaters. Since I have a four-year-old, I rarely get to the movies. But any sightings would be of interest. SR
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good news about the film festival, that's great! My brother and his son are huge movie goers so I will ask him when and if they see the trailer at any of their cinema outings.

------------------
    'Truth and beauty joined'

I watched a review of this film on "Talking Movies" here in Vienna on BBC World TV. Here is the website for this review:
    http://www.bbcworld.com/content/temp...65&co_pageid=2

Even though this is a fictional version of events that happened in Beethoven's life in his final years I plan to watch it just to see Ed Harris' performence. From the scenes that I saw last night it looks very interesting. When I looked at the first photos of him as Beethoven, Ed Harris is unrecognisable. I never would have guessed who this actor was.

I have no idea when this film will open here in Vienna. I see that it opens in the USA on 10 Nov. 2006. It'll be interesting to see how this film will do here in Vienna. Once it opens here and I have seen it I will let you all know how Vienna has reacted to "Copying Beethoven".

------------------
    "God knows why it is that my pianoforte music always makes the worst impression on me, especially when it is played badly."
    - Beethoven 1804.
    "God knows why it is that my pianoforte music always makes the worst impression on me, especially when it is played badly." -Beethoven 1804.

Comment

Here is the link to the older thread, http://www.gyrix.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/002223.html
      - I hope, or I could not live. - written by H.G. Wells

Comment

Thank you for that link, Hollywood, that was most interesting. I especially enjoyed what Ed Harris said; being here in America in a somewhat "dark age" of movies, I absolutely agree with his assessment of the difference between films 30 years ago and films today.

Even though apparently November 10th is the opening date in the USA, I have a feeling it's still going to be confined only to "select cities."

Comment

Very useful: on this site: rottentomatoes.com all the listing of reviews and also a video that I cannot see bc my internet phone line is too weak... GRRR! Please describe it...

Comment

terry - The rottentomatoes trailer is the same one from the official website.

Comment

Two weeks to go: any word yet as to distribution? Will it be shown in the Washington DC or Baltimore area?

------------------
              To learn about "The Port-Wine Sea," my parody of Patrick O'Brian's wonderful Aubrey-Maturin series, please contact me at
              susanwenger@yahoo.com

To learn about "The Better Baby" book, ways to increase a baby's intelligence, health, and potentials, please use the same address.
              To learn about "The Port-Wine Sea," my parody of Patrick O'Brian's wonderful Aubrey-Maturin series, please contact me at
              susanwenger@yahoo.com

To learn about "The Better Baby" book, ways to increase a baby's intelligence, health, and potentials, please use the same address.

Comment

Good news in the Washington DC area:

Classical radio station WGMS is giving away tickets for a showing, which MEANS that the movie is going to be shown SOMEWHERE in the DC area.

------------------
                susanwenger@yahoo.com

susanwenger@yahoo.com

Comment

Eeeeeeeeeexcellent.

[This message has been edited by Chris (edited 11-01-2006).]

Comment

Chris, try using "spellcheck"!!

Comment

Originally posted by PDG:
                      Chris, try using "spellcheck"!!

I looked and looked but I couldn't find a spell check button on the site.

Comment

Originally posted by sjwenger:
                        Good news in the Washington DC area:

Classical radio station WGMS is giving away tickets for a showing, which MEANS that the movie is going to be shown SOMEWHERE in the DC area.

I think that's a great idea promotionally speaking. Maybe I should suggest that to our radio station?!

------------------

Comment

Mr Rivele, you there? It is getting near the time of the movie, and I need to find out where the movie will be showing. So that I can make hotel reservations, etc.

Kind Regards,
                          Preston

------------------
                          "But well I know that God is nearer to me than to other artists; I associate with Him without fear; I have always recognized and understood Him and have no fear for my music- it can meet no evil fate." LVB

Comment

No Atlanta, that really is not good. Is there any word on it coming to Atlanta? If so, please, and I mean please, let me know. I can't believe that it is not coming to Atlanta??? I mean it is not even coming to the southeast? Is it possible you can talk the people you know, I mean Atlanta is big! And one of the only big cities in the southeast.

Kind Regards,
                            Preston

------------------
                            "But well I know that God is nearer to me than to other artists; I associate with Him without fear; I have always recognized and understood Him and have no fear for my music- it can meet no evil fate." LVB

[This message has been edited by Preston (edited 11-03-2006).]

Comment

Is there any word out yet which cities will be showing the movie? Phoenix or nearby cities perhaps? And when exactly is the release date?

------------------

Comment

Working...
                              X