No announcement yet.

Anhang 13 (Funeral March)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's all very well, Fidelio, but the recent scandals involving fixed phone-in competitions, especially on kids' shows, have tarnished the Corporation's reputation, permanently.

Comment

...and failing to correct inaccurate information is hardly helping their cause.
      Fidelio

Must it be.....it must be

Comment

Originally posted by PDG View Post
        Yes, Peter. I ended up emailing Radio 4. They said that it might confuse some people if they suddenly announced it was by a different composer. And that if not by Beethoven, the piece is probably by now known as "Beethoven's Funeral March in B flat" anyway, even though written by someone else! So there you are. Watch your TV this Sunday morning at 11 am to see what I mean.
        I watched some of it but missed the crucial moment (hopefully not to repeated too often in life!) - I presume the BBC continued to put out false information regarding the illustrious and much neglected composer Johann Heinrich Walch?
        'Man know thyself'

Comment

Yes, Peter. David Dimbleby announced - immediately following Big Ben - that: "Beethoven's Funeral March No.1 in B flat minor will now be played (while the wreaths are layed...)." So they've even given it a number now! Where's John Suchet when you need him?!

Comment

Originally posted by PDG View Post
            Where's John Suchet when you need him?!
            I think his brother would be of more use!
            'Man know thyself'

Comment

Ah....too busy completing the new book!
              Fidelio

Must it be.....it must be

Comment

Working...
              X