Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've lost the ability to emmbed youtube videos and need some help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've lost the ability to emmbed youtube videos and need some help.

Hi: I always did it by hand. But, as it didn't work this time, I began from scratch and clicked the 'Insert image' icon. Then I pasted the URL and clicked 'OK'. But nothing happened, the video was not there! Could you tell me which is the correct procedure?

Before this, I wrote the URL preceded by {IMG}{URL} and followed by {URL}{IMG}. I used curly braces instead of square brackets for legibility.

Originally posted by Enrique View Post
    Hi: I always did it by hand. But, as it didn't work this time, I began from scratch and clicked the 'Insert image' icon. Then I pasted the URL and clicked 'OK'. But nothing happened, the video was not there! Could you tell me which is the correct procedure?

Before this, I wrote the URL preceded by {IMG}{URL} and followed by {URL}{IMG}. I used curly braces instead of square brackets for legibility.
    Enriquie,

Click on the YouTube image in the upper right corner above the edit window (when you are posting). Put the URL in between the two bracketed YouTubes.

Comment

And don't forget when you paste the YouTube link, you need to remove the s in the https.

Comment

Thanks Sorrano and Chris. The thing about the s in https I well remembered it. There were two errors. The tag URL should not be there. And IMG is incorrect. It should be YOUTUBE. tHAT is, only one pair of tags: youtube, youtube.

In What are you listening to now, I posted and forgot to include the video. Then I reedited and the page had an 'Insert image' icon but not the youtube icon. That caused my mistake. I should have gone to 'Go Advanced'. I edited a test post and everything went well. Thanks again.
        Last edited by Enrique; 03-23-2020, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X