A question about privacy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A question about privacy.

Suppose user A sends a PM to user B. Can anyone save A and B watch the message? Does it depend on A's or B's Settings and Options in the control panel?

No Private messages are just that.
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

Thanks a lot.

Comment

Chris gave a different answer to this question a short while ago.

He said that it was possible for him to "patch in" (or something) - making it possible for him to view Private Messages - although he also said that he had not done this. I remember that I thanked him for his response.

Comment

Interesting.

Comment

The forum software does not allow anyone, including Administrators, to view the private messages of others. I could get to the messages if I really wanted to, since they are all sitting on my server, but I have never needed to do that.

Comment

Then I'll make another question, although quite unrelated to the previous stuff. Is not there a page where I can see the titles of all the thread I have started in the past, and up to the latest one, with a column showing, for each thread, the number of replies got? Even more, if you click on that number, you will be able to see who posted in corresponding thread.

Comment

I think I now know. There is such a page, but not for my threads alone, but for all threads in either one of the two forums in BRS. What I spoke about in the previous post I have seen it in another forum, not BRS, who also uses vBulletin.

Comment

Working...
                X