Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting a chorale and its text through Internet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting a chorale and its text through Internet.

Some way to get, by means of Internet, one of the Matthaus Passion chorales in some recording along with its text and have it played back? Else, any of Bach's chorales. Any suggestion will be welcome.
    Last edited by Enrique; 10-19-2012, 12:47 PM.

All the music should be available at imslp.org. They have some recordings there, and you can search YouTube for others.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
      All the music should be available at imslp.org. They have some recordings there, and you can search YouTube for others.
      Thank you Chris, I'll follow your advice. In the mean time, I went to that place and downloaded the Breikoff und Hartel edition from c.1845. I can't find my score.

Comment

For the chorales, my Bach 'bible' is the "371" Harmonized Chorales and 69 Chorale Melodies, edited by Riemenschneider. I can't tell you if it's available for download (free or otherwise), but it is cheaply available via Amazon, I seem to recall.

Comment

I had never thought Amazon could be a resource when looking for scores, but it's the more natural thing! They're books. Unfortunately my living in Baires, Quijote makes the delivery times excedingly long and for a book costing one dolar (a used copy) I could have to pay ten for the shipment. Imagine I bought them a book first days of August and still don't receive it.
          I'll have a look.

Comment

Originally posted by Enrique View Post
            I had never thought Amazon could be a resource when looking for scores, but it's the more natural thing! They're books. Unfortunately my living in Baires, Quijote makes the delivery times excedingly long and for a book costing one dolar (a used copy) I could have to pay ten for the shipment. Imagine I bought them a book first days of August and still don't receive it.
            I'll have a look.
            I've had that problem with Amazon too, on three occasions now. The books or CDs I ordered just never arrived. I think they were stolen en-route by an evidently cultured thief/postal worker !!!

Comment

Amazing! Stolen or not, Amazon got the money and hence its there exclusive responsibility to make the book arrive safe, IMO. I now think I can kiss good bye the book I ordered too.

Comment

Amazing! Stolen or not, Amazon got the money and hence its there exclusive responsibility to make the book arrive safe, IMO. I now think I can kiss good bye the book I ordered too.
                Oh, I did get my money back, at least Amazon are honest in that respect, I must say. Yes Enrique, you can kiss goodbye to the book you ordered.

Comment

Amazon is pretty good about returning money on purchases not received. All the overseas orders I've requested have made it without any problem and have done so rather quickly. I think that they use DHL for a lot of the international orders.

Comment

Originally posted by Sorrano View Post
                    Amazon is pretty good about returning money on purchases not received. All the overseas orders I've requested have made it without any problem and have done so rather quickly. I think that they use DHL for a lot of the international orders.
                    I was looking DHL in internet and they are the largest company of its type in the world. Bravo Germany.

Comment

Working...
                    X