value positivity...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

value positivity...

i wanted to say i am thankful for the amount of positivity on this forum. i have been thinking about how there is so unimaginably much negativity and negative things in the world. and i keep thinking about how to value positivity - which at this moment seems to be such a thing of sublime beauty, tis to sacred of to speak, in a sense. anyway, as i imagine many are, i too am thankful for the positivity, yet seriousness, on the boards. they are the only forum i have really posted on, as in almost everyday! i rarely post on forums and when i do it is too ask a question not get into beautiful and interesting conversations.

so, value positivity, unless it feels like negativity, and do not feel negativity.
    Last edited by Preston; 01-28-2012, 06:01 AM.
    - I hope, or I could not live. - written by H.G. Wells

How can one not feel positive when listening to the music of Beethoven, as well as that of all the other greats out there?

Comment

I wanted to add also - I think one of the key problems with the world is people want to be cool, in-style, esteemed, famous, praised, etc. - and therefore are only images of what they could be. I've had it up to hear with all this "cool ass shit" - which shit it is indeed!!! People thinking they are better than there fellow man, talking behind anothers' back - why - because they are images and therefore think they are better than other people, imo.

Anyway, I believe, the negativity mentioned above is one of the key problems with the world?

--------
      Also, I thank you for the reply Sorrano, .

Comment

though as of now - i think there is beauty in many things - even being cool. i am listening to doors, and i find their song the end to be beautiful in an unexpected way. so i guess diversity reigns? anyway, that is what seems to be the case to me as of now.

Comment

though, then i think why do they have to act so cool and wild. i think it is because their minds are fixated that anything "not cool is not cool" - yes that is the level of stupidity i am talking about. they value only their image, it seems. so now, i am thinking that what i heard when i listened to the doors last night - i now feel it is worthless feelings - pointless waste, that has only corrupted the minds of numerous people - including mostly children. i feel like the kids now look up to being cool - and i know so many of them do, otherwise they would not be be so cool.

so the conclusion i am at is that these people are wild and mindless. it reminds me of what king theodon said in lord of the rings before the great battle of helms deep with mindless and wild orcs - "what can man do against such mindless hatred"?

these people get incredibly wild - mad - and they get extremely violent and powerful. i strongly do not like them - i hate it, i think, to a point of such hate that i would attempt to brutally beat one of these worthless people who spend their lives focusing on being cool instead of on being good.

obviously, no, i do not think cool is right - i think it is the opposite, to a given degree - i think it is somewhat evil. is anyone else seeing/feeling this?

I AM CONFUSED - with a lot of questions - always have been. i have tried to do the right thing for so long, and then people just do the most sickening things.

i have seen too much cool. in truth, i think i used to be cool. i sure did think so, ql! it effected me too much. so i made it a point to be the opposite - everything i thought was cool - i went against because i felt the thought of being cool was evil - so i gained much weight, etc. anyway i attempted to change everything about myself - and did pretty much.

i apologize for if i have said things to wild. in truth, i have suffered from madness (from being diagnosed with schizophrenia at the tender age of 17, though it started when i was only 16. i have somehow, managed to pull threw that after a couple or so suicide attempts - one that was very serious and an ambulance came and picked me up because i called them. i now suffer from anhedonia and racing-thoughts - which is not good, in truth it is horrifying.) i have not been hospitalized for around 7 something years. the longest i was ever hospitalized was 3 months - in a "institution" in maryland called the finan center - well around 2 months there after 3 weeks or so on a psychiatric floor in a regular hospital. it was a bad time. life has been pretty much somekind of strange torment and hell - and not in some "cool" way.

so, i apologize if what i say makes little sense. i hope i attain a more calm and pleasant mind - that is my goal - because that is what i need.

life is hard to understand, imo.

so, in short, to my mind i have been insane (i hate that word) all of my life. i had somekind of severe ADD that turned into schizophrenia, etc. my life has been filled with insanity. god help me - please.
          ---------------------------
          anyway i am written out. i had to share that. i felt it necessary for some reason.

damn this wild, uncontrollable, mindless, etc. hatred and negativity that all these kids (many who are actually old) put out!

i apologize peter, or too anyone else, if this is too much, if it is please delete it.

Comment

i felt it necessary to say this (particularly one person in mind). the energies of this world are quite a strange and mysterious thing - and most likely all other worlds, solar systems, galaxies, universes, etc. based on what i have seen and felt (felt - for a large part), the amount of pointless and unimaginable pain that terrorizes people: i am now atheist - i do not, cannot, and refuse (if needed) etc. to believe in omnipotence. i always tried to have hope, but in truth there is no real hope.

be thankful if you are a fortunate one - depending on what you consider fortunate.

Comment

Originally posted by Preston View Post
              i always tried to have hope, but in truth there is no real hope.
              I'd say Beethoven is a good example as to why you are wrong!
              'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post
                I'd say Beethoven is a good example as to why you are wrong!
                I know of what you speak - about Beethoven, as it is something I have believed for many, many, years. Recently I told Sorrano Beethoven gives hope to those who have none. He agreed, and said that the 2nd mov. of Beethoven's 5th was a good example.

Though, my point is - for many people there is no hope - and that is just the way it is - sadly. And, that is what gets me. Oh, how I long for omnipotence to exist! Though, based on what I have seen, experienced, learned, etc. - it seems that it does not.

And Peter, we are not just talking about the hopeless suffering on this planet - but on the planets all over the entire universe - that is if life exist on them - which while I do not have solid proof, I highly believe there is. And the thing is, that we live 100 years - there could be species living in hopeless pain for thousands if not millions of years, etc.

It is a devastating, horrifying, terribly sad, etc. thought - hopelessness.

Comment

I know of what you speak - about Beethoven, as it is something I have believed for many, many, years. Recently I told Sorrano Beethoven gives hope to those who have none. He agreed, and said that the 2nd mov. of Beethoven's 5th was a good example.

Though, my point is - for many people there is no hope - and that is just the way it is - sadly. And, that is what gets me. Oh, how I long for omnipotence to exist! Though, based on what I have seen, experienced, learned, etc. - it seems that it does not.

And Peter, we are not just talking about the hopeless suffering on this planet - but on the planets all over the entire universe - that is if life exist on them - which while I do not have solid proof, I highly believe there is. And the thing is, that we live 100 years - there could be species living in hopeless pain for thousands if not millions of years, etc.

It is a devastating, horrifying, terribly sad, etc. thought - hopelessness.
                  You can choose to look at it in such a negative way or you can be positive and find ways through suffering - there are many people who have suffered the most terrible handicaps but have lived more in 5 minutes than most who have no such problems do in a lifetime.
                  'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post
                    You can choose to look at it in such a negative way or you can be positive and find ways through suffering - there are many people who have suffered the most terrible handicaps but have lived more in 5 minutes than most who have no such problems do in a lifetime.
                    It is not about me, if that is what you are referring to/about? It is not about looking at it in a negative way, either. It is about looking at it for what it is. The bottom line is there is suffering of such unimaginable nature that it changes my thoughts on omnipotence. A place or point of suffering where there is no life - only pain and torment - which is what many peoples lives are. I choose not to look at it, well focus on it, though it is there and it must be thought about it.

Regarding the "5 minutes" - I believe, you are right that there are things of such sublime, amazing, beautiful, etc. rarity - as Beethoven - though the suffering outweighs that "rare" aspect - because it is suffering, not peace, glory, etc.

Comment

Preston, whether you view the suffering, pain, etc. it will be there, as well as the good, the joy, the peace, etc. One can take joy into their lives and use that to uplift other people. Music does that and helps the downtrodden. However, if you focus on what is wrong, and there is certainly a lot that is wrong, you will be adding to the problems rather than helping to alleviate them. Seek to uplift and you will soon find that life is pretty darn good!

Comment

Hey, Preston, your posts never fail to brighten my day - A ray of sunshine you are! Listen buddy, put down the half-finished bottle and go out and meet a nice girl. Learn to love again, man...

Comment

Originally posted by PDG View Post
                          Hey, Preston, your posts never fail to brighten my day - A ray of sunshine you are! Listen buddy, put down the half-finished bottle and go out and meet a nice girl. Learn to love again, man...
                          Listen "buddy" - I do not care what is thought. It was a personal thought, that I shared because of things I have said on the forum in the past and felt it necessary to clarify. It is a very meaningful and deep thought at that, for me.

I am not a depressed person, truly, well at least to a large degree. I just think a lot. Though, I am not a "happy" person either.

Again, I was merely expressing my views on omnipotence because I felt it necessary. Whether you like them or not, is not why I am here. If the majority of everyone here does not like them, then I will leave.

Comment

Listen "buddy" - I do not care what is thought. It was a personal thought, that I shared because of things I have said on the forum in the past and felt it necessary to clarify. It is a very meaningful and deep thought at that, for me.

I am not a depressed person, truly, well at least to a large degree. I just think a lot. Though, I am not a "happy" person either.

Again, I was merely expressing my views on omnipotence because I felt it necessary. Whether you like them or not, is not why I am here. If the majority of everyone here does not like them, then I will leave.
                            My apologies for trying to be friendly or upbeat (perhaps terms alien to you?).
                            If your thoughts are so personal, then why not keep them that way?
                            If not happy, then by default you must be depressed - I don't think there's a middle ground here.
                            I didn't indicate whether I found your views on omnipotence likeable or not, and I speak for no one but myself.
                            You seem to be in perpetual misery, and only you can sort it out. Am I right that you probably have a drink problem?

Comment

Originally posted by PDG View Post
                              My apologies for trying to be friendly or upbeat (perhaps terms alien to you?).
                              If your thoughts are so personal, then why not keep them that way?
                              If not happy, then by default you must be depressed - I don't think there's a middle ground here.
                              I didn't indicate whether I found your views on omnipotence likeable or not, and I speak for no one but myself.
                              You seem to be in perpetual misery, and only you can sort it out. Am I right that you probably have a drink problem?
                              I apologize if I responded to abruptly, PDG. My apologies to you.

As for your question - I have many problems - drinking however, or addiction problems, is not one of them (except for cigarettes).

Again, my apologies, .

Comment

Working...
                              X