New book on Beethoven and movie tie-in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New book on Beethoven and movie tie-in

Hello folks. I've often lurked, but not posted much, here before. I've written more than a dozen books but this week what is destined to be one of my favorites was published: "Journeys With Beethoven: Following the Ninth, and Beyond." It's written with Kerry Candaele, director of a great upcoming film you may have heard about, "Following the Ninth" -- you can find the trailer at YouTube. Our book is out as an e-book now (the Kindle app can be used on almost everything) and in print in about a week, see link below.

I won't hype you on it here, just go to link if you are interested, but basically it takes you around the world, and USA, charting LvB's musical, cultural and political influence today. It has chapters on everyone from pianist Jeremy Denk to folk-rocker Billy Bragg. Trust me: there's never been a Beethoven book like this before. Anyway, read more below and thanks for good discussions here in the past.

Here's the link.

i am not able to read your entire post at this given moment. though that sounds like a huge undertaking and project. thank you for sharing. and congratulations!
    - I hope, or I could not live. - written by H.G. Wells

Comment

Working...
    X