Blind autistic man stuns the music world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blind autistic man stuns the music world

Derek Paravicini was born prematurely 32 years ago, and doctors did not think he would survive.

He is blind and severely autistic, but has a unique talent that has stunned the music world - he can play any piece of music after hearing it only once.

Now he is to make make musical history when he performs a concerto written especially for him at London's Queen Elizabeth Hall.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-15086761
    🎹

That is amazing. It reminds me of another, very similar person, Leslie Lemke (think that is how it is spelled).
    Last edited by Preston; 01-27-2012, 07:36 AM. Reason: needed to edit that...
    - I hope, or I could not live. - written by H.G. Wells

Comment

I wanted to add that musically speaking, that is beautiful. Though, regarding his life, I find that terribly sad - he cannot see and is autistic - that is not something I would want. May he be blessed.

I do wonder what he would think of Nobuo Uematsu's music - in fact I am going to try and find out - through email, etc.
      - I hope, or I could not live. - written by H.G. Wells

Comment

I've heard him play. Wow! We've got to find that mechanism in our brains which allows instant recall and technical dexterity. We all have it. He taps into it naturally. God bless him!

Comment

Working...
        X