Forum meet-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forum meet-up

Here's an idea to run with : what about a BRS Forum meet-up? Imagine : we fix a venue and date, all fly in and meet up for a couple of days (a weekend?) of ribaldry and discussion (and maybe performance, if certain members can be persuaded to play). I know this would be difficult logistically speaking (flying in from the four corners of the world), but it is an interesting idea.
    I hereby propose to take care of the catering arrangements.

Some of us are ahead of you on this one - Bernard, Hollywood and I met up in Vienna for the first reconstruction of the Dec 1808 concert at the Theater an der Wien, and I'm pleased to say we've remained in contact. Bernard and I have met up several times since in such interesting places as Berwick, Cambridge, Oxford, often for very enjoyable Beethoven concerts, the last being a performance of the 9th at the festival Hall in London. Strasbourg is a tempting proposition!
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

Well yes, Strasbourg would suit my pocket, but that's hardly fair for those from the US and further! I think we would need to find some sort of "economic mid-point". I would hope more than 3 would turn up, though! And would we play something? It would have to be Beethoven (as it would be a BRS Forum meet-up), and as a 'cellist I would have the easier time of it (assuming one of his 'cello sonatas were on the programme. I always pity the pianist, who has much more sweat, blood 'n tears in these works). The peformance aspect need not be a defining factor, just to turn up, enjoy the ribaldry and discuss Beethoven and music.

Comment

Originally posted by Philip View Post
        I think we would need to find some sort of "economic mid-point".
        How about a tiny island somewhere in the mid-atlantic?
        - I hope, or I could not live. - written by H.G. Wells

Comment

You and Peter and I could play the Triple Concerto. It would be a perfect evening.

Comment

How about Sydney, Australia?

Comment

I think I had a good idea. As unfeasible as this idea somewhat is, I think a good place should be worthy of Beethoven. So I request Bonn or Vienna?

Seriously though, if we all did meet that would be something else! Hard to imagine?
              - I hope, or I could not live. - written by H.G. Wells

Comment

Working...
              X