Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone ever wish they had a profound or divine musical ear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone ever wish they had a profound or divine musical ear?

Does anyone ever feel or wish that they had a sublime, profound, divine, etc. musical ear or feelings? I am not saying that some of you do not, it is just that I know I do not, and was wondering if anyone else wished that they were so moved by the feelings of life, nature, the divine, sublime, profound, etc.- that they could write about it- with ease.

What I mean is, to my understanding, the master musicians (Beethoven, Mozart, Bach, etc.) could hear an entire sonata and then immediately play it! Unbelievable isn't it?

Sometimes, I sit and think, if I was given the great gift of music- What would I write about? How would my/your music sound? Would it be worthy of the divine powers, worthy of purity, etc.

To imagine writing something so touching as that of Beethoven- it must be sublime. For instance, Beethoven was moved by music to such a great degree- that, he lived through all the tormented hell his life gave him- and lived, because of the music. Stone deaf and sick as a dog, yet, filled with brilliant genius, he lived on- through music.

I think the power of music- can be (depending on the music)- one of the most profound and sublime, etc. experiences a person can have. Unfortunately, it is one of the few that people have. Spirituality, dwells- in certain music, it seems. Such as, the spiritual and sacred music.

I believe the reason spirituality surrounds the, sacred and pure music- so greatly, is because- it is the pathway to feelings of the pure and sacred- and naturally- proper feelings, are the pathway to the divine, etc.

Also, concerning feelings, it seems to me, that so many of us human beings- have no real understanding of spiritual feeling, and therefore, resort to wastefulness or wasteful feeling.
    Last edited by Preston; 08-07-2010, 08:43 PM.
    - I hope, or I could not live. - written by H.G. Wells

No.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonn1827 View Post
      No.
      Why not? Would you mind explaining? I, do not understand how a person who loves classical music, as yourself, would not wish to hear music or be as musically capable- as the masters you listen to. It would seem as though a person was lying, and perhaps to themselves. I mean- why not, be so filled with the feeling that you could write any feelings or music you wished? It would be similar to denying heaven- that is, for a person to say they do not wish to be filled with unimaginable feeling.

Also, your post is quite blunt, and could easily seem rude. Any reason for the bluntness of your post?

If you mean your post literally- then, perhaps you should give it some thought, imo. Though, it would not be surprising for someone to say they have never thought about it. Then, not want to admit it because to them it would seem ludicrous, yet, at the same time they have never, truly, thought about it? It seems, only a small percentage of the human race has actually given it any thought- from present to past, and I imagine far, far, into the future. Mindlessness.

It baffles me how the greatest things, in this case feelings, etc.- are given so little thought. It is not surprising the world is in the state it is in- seeing that, imo, only a small percentage of sentient beings give the supra any thought, for the most part.

It is similar to when you ask the majority of people about Heaven. The reply, a lot of the time- is misunderstanding, and talking of how family will see each other in heaven, how everything will be perfect, etc. For the most part, it is usually rubbish. Or, when you ask someone what they think about God and Satan- I often ask people that in America, and a common idiotic reply is that, "they are in a battle, because that is what, The Holy Bible, says." I understand the Gnostic thought- of the Demiurge- that makes much more sense, imo.

Either way, I will stop now, because I am not trying to bore you, and hopefully have not.
      Last edited by Preston; 08-08-2010, 04:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Preston View Post
        Also, concerning feelings, it seems to me, that so many of us human beings- have no real understanding of spiritual feeling, and therefore, resort to wastefulness or wasteful feeling.
        I think "spiritual feeling" is an oxymoron.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
          I think "spiritual feeling" is an oxymoron.
          I do not think so. Why do you think so? I, guess, it depends on how you look at it. Either way, I think you understand what I am saying. Do you not?

Imo, there are feelings, and then there are feelings of spirituality. Do you agree? Such as, the feelings of, say, high Pop music and the Missa Solemnis. Quite different feelings, those two are. One is utter rubbish, while the other is filled with the divine. There cannot be spirituality without spiritual feelings, right?

What about sacred feelings? Would you agree with that?
          Last edited by Preston; 08-08-2010, 06:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Preston View Post
            I do not think so. Why do you think so? I, guess, it depends on how you look at it. Either way, I think you understand what I am saying. Do you not?

Imo, there are feelings, and then there are feelings of spirituality. Do you agree? Such as, the feelings of, say, high Pop music and the Missa Solemnis. Quite different feelings, those two are. One is utter rubbish, while the other is filled with the divine. There cannot be spirituality without spiritual feelings, right?

What about sacred feelings? Would you agree with that?
            I say that because feelings (the experience of emotions) are something of the body, not the spirit. It is possible for sacred or spiritual things to cause feelings, certainly. But no, I don't think those feelings are necessary to spirituality.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
              I say that because feelings (the experience of emotions) are something of the body, not the spirit. It is possible for sacred or spiritual things to cause feelings, certainly. But no, I don't think those feelings are necessary to spirituality.
              I believe certain feelings are of the body- such as, touch, taste, etc. Though, at Beethoven's level of feeling I believe it does have to do with something other than the body. Something very different. He tapped into a world that not many can- a world of unimaginable feeling- feelings, that come through the ears to the soul- sounds. I believe with feeling of that nature, it has to do with something other than the body, something different and mystical. As if, tapping into a sacred world of feelings and emotions.

Comment

What is your basis for thinking that?

Comment

Beliefs, based on experiences and understandings. That is vague, I know, though I do not really know how to give you a precise answer.
                  Last edited by Preston; 08-08-2010, 10:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X