any Star Wars fans out there? [poll]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any Star Wars fans out there? [poll]

Just wondering if any of the members like Star Wars, and which one was their favorite, hopefully this thread will go some.

I choose Return of the Jedi, as my favorite Star Wars, although it is hard to choose a favorite, for me.

I like the prequel better, then the original trilogy, although I do feel that the original trilogy has more memorable scenes. Such as Luke in training on Dagobah, with Yoda- probably my favorite character. Although it seems that many people are quick to call Yoda their favorite, guess for some it is kind of hard not to. I mean Yoda did help keep the galaxy in order for around 800 years, seeing as he was the wisest of all the Jedi, during that time. Unfortunately, he failed in the battle against Sidious or The Emperor. His mastery of the Force, his almost complete understanding of the Force, his complete knowledge of the art of the light-saber, etc., are such important things, and reasons that I like him.

And if you are wondering why Yoda could not defeat The Emperor, possibly because of The Emperor's speed with the light-saber, and the Force works in mysterious ways.
    Episode I- The Phantom Menace
    0.00%
    Episode II- Attack of the Clones
    0.00%
    Episode III- Revenge of the Sith
    0.00%
    Episode IV- A New Hope
    0.00%
    Episode V- The Empire Stikes Back
    60.00%
    Episode VI- Return of the Jedi
    40.00%
    - I hope, or I could not live. - written by H.G. Wells

My favourite is V, definately... Actually I'll do you better and say this is my order: V > IV & VI > III > II >> I
    "Wer ein holdes Weib errungen..."

"My religion is the one in which Haydn is pope." - by me .

"Set a course, take it slow, make it happen."

Comment

Originally posted by Rutradelusasa View Post
      My favourite is V, definately... Actually I'll do you better and say this is my order: V > IV & VI > III > II >> I
      V is great, I think that it is Chris's favorite also, if I remember correctly.

Why do you put II and I in the last? Seems that a lot of people feel this way. I wonder why. They show the background of Anakin and Padme, etc.

From, what I have read George Lucas feels that the original trilogy, is not done properly at all, and has so many mistakes.

Did you know that he did not direct or write the screenplay for Episodes V & VI. He gave the story concepts and was the executive producer.

May the Force be With You, .
      Last edited by Preston; 03-16-2009, 10:20 PM.

Comment

I'm a Star Trek fan but my favourite science fiction movie is "2001".

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
          I'm a Star Trek fan but my favourite science fiction movie is "2001".
          I have never watched that much Star Trek, the fault is mine. I do want to see the new "Star Trek" movie coming out.

Even more, I want to see 2001.

Did you know that they are coming out with a Star Wars live action TV series (not the animated Star Wars: Clone Wars TV show)? 2 million $'s an episode, is the budget!!!
          Last edited by Preston; 03-17-2009, 12:44 AM.

Comment

Preston, I have all the Star Wars movies in my DVD collection (mostly thanks to my son) but I was too old (33 approx) when the first movie came out. My science fiction home is "Journey into Space", a BBC radio serial which started in 1953 (I know - ancient history) when I was seven and barely knew what "space" was.
            But I am, and have always been, a total science-fiction fan - and have always enjoyed the Star Wars series. But I classify them as space opera - and they don't have the deeper resonances that Star Trek (for all its faults - and there are many) has. (Don't even mention 2001 which is either the greatest SF movie ever made - or a heap of sh*te - the choice is yours)
            Excuse my grammar and my language: after all, it is Saint Patrick's Day!
            But nothing has equalled the non-visual power of that old radio series which I followed until it finished in 1958 (which is probably the Mesozoic period as far as you are concerned).
            But I love SF (which abbreviation is abhorred by the true believers) in any form whatsovever - so: Star Wars rules!
            So, science fiction, ghost/horror stories and Ludwig van Beethoven (numero uno) and you have my complete attention!
            Last edited by Michael; 03-17-2009, 02:43 AM. Reason: Saint Patrick

Comment

You were around the same age George Lucas was when the first Star Wars came out, so that is definitely a start! While it has been a long time ago (not in a galaxy far far away, though, ), I try to understand history the best that I can.

Comment

It must be an ageist thing, plus I don't have a telly nor have seen Star Wars on the big movie screens. Is that the one Darth Vader is in ?
                🎹

Comment

Originally posted by Preston View Post
                  V is great, I think that it is Chris's favorite also, if I remember correctly.
                  You do!

Why do you put II and I in the last? Seems that a lot of people feel this way. I wonder why. They show the background of Anakin and Padme, etc.
                  But they do not do it well. The prequels are filled with terrible scripts, horrible acting, and ridiculous CGI. The orignals had great scripts, charming acting, and wonderful special effects that still hold up to this day, while the CGI of the prequels is already looking dated.

From, what I have read George Lucas feels that the original trilogy, is not done properly at all, and has so many mistakes.
                  George Lucas is crazy and has lost everything about himself that made him a good film maker.

Did you know that he did not direct or write the screenplay for Episodes V & VI. He gave the story concepts and was the executive producer.
                  Seems like that was the way to go! But he did a lot more than just come up with the stories. They were his movies, and he was heavily involved in every state of the production, from writing to filming. He more or less directed Return of the Jedi, even though his name is not on the credits for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                    You do!

But they do not do it well. The prequels are filled with terrible scripts, horrible acting, and ridiculous CGI. The orignals had great scripts, charming acting, and wonderful special effects that still hold up to this day, while the CGI of the prequels is already looking dated.

George Lucas is crazy and has lost everything about himself that made him a good film maker.

Seems like that was the way to go! But he did a lot more than just come up with the stories. They were his movies, and he was heavily involved in every state of the production, from writing to filming. He more or less directed Return of the Jedi, even though his name is not on the credits for it.
                    If I remember correctly, his name couldn't be on the credit as director for an issue with the union, but the one he didn't direct was V, and it's all the better for it.
                    "Wer ein holdes Weib errungen..."

"My religion is the one in which Haydn is pope." - by me .

"Set a course, take it slow, make it happen."

Comment

Michael, I have rented 2001, ! Thank you for bringing my attention to it, more.

As for Star Wars, perhaps we should not like one trilogy more than the other. It seems to me we would be lacking a lot of essential knowledge towards the Star Wars Galaxy, without the prequel. It seems to me, that the prequel is more of a study of the Star Wars galaxy (then the first trilogy),- The Galactic Republic, the Jedi, government and politics, Anakin and Padme, the return of the Sith, etc.- and how all this works.

I mean without the prequel, one would be ignorant towards Star Wars, I think, . And I don't know about all these anti-George Lucas comments, . Maybe the BILLIONS of dollars he has got to his head, could definitely be the case. But he has put his life into Star Wars, and it means a lot to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Megan View Post
                        Is that the one Darth Vader is in ?
                        Megan, your knowledge of Star Wars is astounding, !

Just kidding. Yes, Darth Vader is a Sith lord, who used to be Anakin Skywalker. He helped hunt down and kill all of the Jedi, so that an Empire was created, instead of Democracy. Mainly for power- so that the Sith would rule the galaxy again. At the same time he was also, The Chosen One, who would destroy the Sith and bring balance to the Force.

Comment

2001: A Space Odyssey - I am a real fan of this movie. I doubt there is a more pure visual film in existence. It was released 40 years ago, and it still sets the standard for any sci-fi films to follow. It gets better with each viewing.
                          We are specializing in online shopping, online shopping mall, shop directory, and bargains online.We provide all kinds of products: electronics, pc hardware, apparel, jewelry, toys, videogames and much more. The best brands and prices products! http://digitsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Philip
                            A "more pure visual film"? What else is film?
                            Ah, you know what digitsy means, Philip!

Comment

Rutradelusasa, Michael, Chris, and anyone else who cares. I got this information from this site, www.supershadow.com. It is a site where George Lucas has answered fan questions, that have been sent into him from the site, for years almost daily. It reveals a lot of information about Star Wars. The thing about the site, is that a lot of people say that it is not George Lucas, but the site remains up and George continues to post. If it is not George Lucas, then why does George let the site remain up? I do imagine that it is George Lucas, who has made all of the post in the interview section of the site, but I am not sure. It is a mystery site.

The site says that Lucas is coming out with Star Wars Episode VII, VIII, and IX. George Lucas will start on Episode VII around 2015. There is a lot of concern how his health will be although he says, from the site where I have read this, "I can afford the best health care in the world, I should be alright to make the new films". He wants to wait a while because he says it is tradition. The new Star Wars trilogy will focus on The New Republic, that Luke founded, and it only lasted 3,000 years, which in the time scheme isn't that long when compared with The Old Republic- which lasted for 100's of thousands of years, until The Emperor and Anakin destroyed it.

Star Wars Episode VII will be called- Choose Your Destiny of Fate. I couldn't access the webpage for VIII and IX, some of the site seems to be down.

Episode VII will take place 30 years after the fall of The Empire. So, the actors should look older, as they do, and hopefully they will still be living, . If not they say that they are going to use computer animation, for the characters- Luke, Leia, Han, Chewbacca, etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X