No announcement yet.

Comedy Corner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hummm... Why should it lie under the hills in particular? And what is a "start" anyway. A beginning?
    Last edited by Enrique; 06-22-2014, 03:00 PM.

Comment

The Riddle is from the Hobbit.

It cannot be seen, cannot be felt,
      Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt.
      It lies behind stars and under hills,
      And empty holes it fills.
      It comes first and follows after,
      Ends life, kills laughter.
      Last edited by Megan; 06-22-2014, 04:21 PM.
      🎹

Comment

Originally posted by Enrique View Post
        Hummm... Why should it lie under the hills in particular? And what is a "start" anyway. A beginning?
        Enrique, the word is 'stars' not 'starts'

It all makes perfect sense to me.
        🎹

Comment

You are right! And clever too.

Comment

Fühle was dies' Herz empfindent, reiche frei mir deine Hand, und das Band das uns verbindet, sei kein schwaches Rosenband! (J.W.von Goethe)

Comment

Originally posted by Fredrika View Post
              LOL!
              Ludwig van Beethoven
              Den Sie wenn Sie wollten
              Doch nicht vergessen sollten

Comment

Hope everyone is having a good day (or had one-depending on which side of the globe you're on....)
                "It was not the fortuitous meeting of the chordal atoms that made the world; if order and beauty are reflected in the constitution of the universe, then there is a God."

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73JqeBKs3iQ

this is old but I have to put this here
                  Fühle was dies' Herz empfindent, reiche frei mir deine Hand, und das Band das uns verbindet, sei kein schwaches Rosenband! (J.W.von Goethe)

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73JqeBKs3iQ

this is old but I have to put this here
                    Looks like this one is not available in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by Sorrano View Post
                      Looks like this one is not available in the US.
                      Oh, sorry about that, I got it from a friend in Canada. It's from Saturday Night Live, a sketch about the first performance of the 9th symphony. Maybe it's not available in America because it would violate the copyright laws there?

Comment

Oh, sorry about that, I got it from a friend in Canada. It's from Saturday Night Live, a sketch about the first performance of the 9th symphony. Maybe it's not available in America because it would violate the copyright laws there?
                        No worries. I figured, as well, that it might be for that reason.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	1798663_913336102039888_6727213114383159336_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	106109

A little "period-instruments humor" for the holidays...
                          🎹

Comment

I only now discovered this thread. Lots of juicy take-no-prisoners humor here, not for the easily bruised. In contrast, I offer this uplifting link of spiritual nature, appropriate to the holiday season. (It's rather monothematic but give it time. It'll grow on you...or not.)

A favorite quote by Sir Thomas Beecham, directed toward a female cellist not performing to his expectations:
                            “Madam, you have between your legs an instrument capable of giving pleasure to thousands – and all you can do is scratch it.”
                            Last edited by Decrepit Poster; 12-26-2014, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Decrepit Poster View Post
                              I only now discovered this thread. Lots of juicy take-no-prisoners humor here, not for the easily bruised. In contrast, I offer this uplifting link of spiritual nature, appropriate to the holiday season. (It's rather monothematic but give it time. It'll grow on you...or not.)

A favorite quote by Sir Thomas Beecham, directed toward a female cellist not performing to his expectations:
                              “Madam, you have between your legs an instrument capable of giving pleasure to thousands – and all you can do is scratch it.”
                              LOL DP that preacher must have eaten a ton of sprouts! I sent it to my brother!
                              Ludwig van Beethoven
                              Den Sie wenn Sie wollten
                              Doch nicht vergessen sollten

Comment

Talking of sprouts, a woman goes to see her doctor for a regular check-up. The doc asks the lady to strip to her undies and notices with alarm what seems to be lettuce poking out around her knickers. Noticing the doc's alarm, she asks ...
                                Woman : Is it serious, Doc?
                                Doctor : Well, it could just be the tip of an iceberg.
                                Last edited by Quijote; 12-28-2014, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X