No announcement yet.

Comedy Corner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But Quijote, do you still play at the orchestra?

Comment

Nah, which is why I am now a humble (hah!) harmony & counterpoint teacher. That said, I occasionally get asked to release my bitch-cello from its case. If the price is right.

Comment

I yesterday saw a youngman in the subway, carrying his cello in a leather case, which called my attention for every time I see a cellist he carries his instrument in a rigid case, like the cases used in conservatories or by lutiers to keep the cellos. And I remember the maestro, my ex cello professor, who was French and studied in the Paris Conservatoire told me once that his case (fabric or leather) did not even had a handle. He embraced the cello with his good right arm and that is how he carried it in the street.

Another thing he said is that struts where each time longer, and he said that sarcastically. In a few years, they will be longer than the cello proper!
        Last edited by Enrique; 03-08-2013, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Quijote View Post
          Nah, which is why I am now a humble (hah!) harmony & counterpoint teacher. That said, I occasionally get asked to release my bitch-cello from its case. If the price is right.
          You mean you miss that time. The word "humble" does not come to my mind when thinking of a counterpoint teacher, rather some feeling of awe.

Comment

Originally posted by Quijote View Post
            Other famous last words à la Quijote;
            "Oh, haven't played that in a while. No worries, I'll remember how it goes."
            One thing I hate is when the choir director gives me some music the day before the first rehearsal and tells me that she looked at the accompaniment and said it was easy.

Comment

If A equals success, then the formula is A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut.

-- Albert Einstein

Comment

Last edited by Megan; 03-27-2013, 05:00 PM.
                🎹

Comment

🎹

Comment

Swine !

Comment

🎹

Comment

🎹

Comment

The late Herbert von Karajan and his wife entered a hotel room.

Wife: "My god, it is cold in here."

von Karajan: "But, liebchen, when we are in private, you can call me Herbert!"

Comment

Utility is when you have one telephone, luxury is when you have two,
                            opulence is when you have three -- and paradise is when you have none.
                            -- Doug Larson

Comment

Another Government Study

When Canadian road workers found about 200 dead crows on the highway between Toronto and Hamilton, there was concern that they may have died from Avian Flu.

So the government had a bird pathologist examine the remains of all the crows and he confirmed the problem was definitely not Avian Flu, much to everyone's relief.

However, he was surprised that his detailed study determined that 98 percent of the crows had been killed by impact with trucks, but only 2 percent were killed by car impact.

The Province then hired an Ornithological Behaviourist to determine the reason behind the disproportionate percentages for truck versus car kills.

The Ornithological Behaviourist determined the cause in short order. When crows eat road kill, they always set up a lookout crow in a nearby tree to warn of impending danger.

His conclusion was that the lookout crow could warn "Caw," but he could not say "Truck."

Comment

The Higgs boson walks into a church. The priest says, "we don't allow Higss bosons in here". The Higgs boson says: "But without me how can you have Mass".

I hope this joke doesnt meet the fate of Chris' joke about the transistor.

Comment

Working...
                                X