No announcement yet.

Comedy Corner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The widow discovers that her new found lover is her sisters's husband, so she bumps her off.
    🎹

Comment

She figures he might show up at her sister's funeral, since he was at her mother's.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
        She figures he might show up at her sister's funeral, since he was at her mother's.
        Yikes, a psychopath !
        🎹

Comment

Originally posted by Megan View Post
          Yikes, a psychopath !
          Or a business leader?
          Zut! You've found out what I was trying to discover sneakily.
          Anyway, here's the link. Hope you find it as funny as I did. By the way, I'm not a psychopath as I answered the same as Megan.
          http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2012...-dutton-review

Comment

Actually, Megan's answer was the first to pop into my mind as well, but I quickly dismissed it, as there didn't seem to be enough information to draw that conclusion. After another second, my mind settled on the solution I gave; it seemed more logically satisfying, since it didn't require assuming anything that was not given in the question.

So maybe I'm a psychopath who is just a bit behind the curve?

Comment

Actually, Megan's answer was the first to pop into my mind as well, but I quickly dismissed it, as there didn't seem to be enough information to draw that conclusion. After another second, my mind settled on the solution I gave; it seemed more logically satisfying, since it didn't require assuming anything that was not given in the question.

Yes Chris, you're answer made me think of a psycho!

🎹

Comment

Excuses, excuses .... According to the article Chris, you have displayed the same qualities as psychopaths or business leaders. Take your pick!
                Still, with all these banking and business scandals going on these days, it does make you wonder !!!!!

Comment

Hm...I was once half owner and vice president of a corporation...

Comment

Why spelling is important
                    You know how fussy I am about bad sppeling :
                    http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/gall...62725&index=12

Comment

You know how fussy I am about bad sppeling
                      That's funny.
                      Code:
                      Had I been present at the Creation, I would have given some
                      useful hints for the better ordering of the universe.
                                      -- Alfonso the Wise

[Quoted in "VMS Internals and Data Structures", V4.4, when
                               referring to operating system initialization.]

Comment

RULES OF EATING - THE BRONX DIETER'S CREED

1. Never eat on an empty stomach.
                        2. Never leave the table hungry.
                        3. When traveling, never leave a country hungry.
                        4. Enjoy your food.
                        5. Enjoy your companion's food.
                        6. Really taste your food. It may take several portions to
                        accomplish this, especially if subtly seasoned.
                        7. Really feel your food. Texture is important. Compare, for
                        example, the texture of a turnip to that of a brownie.
                        Which feels better against your cheeks?
                        8. Never eat between snacks, unless it's a meal.
                        9. Don't feel you must finish everything on your plate. You can
                        always eat it later.
                        10. Avoid any wine with a childproof cap.
                        11. Avoid blue food.

-- The Bronx Diet, "Richard Smith"

Comment

Originally posted by Enrique View Post
                          11. Avoid blue food.

-- The Bronx Diet, "Richard Smith"
                          Hey! Blueberries and huckleberries are great, especially in pies!

Comment

Great to know. Do not forget blue cheese.

Comment

Let's say your wedding ring falls into your toaster, and when you stick your
                              hand in to retrieve it, you suffer Pain and Suffering as well as Mental
                              Anguish. You would sue:

* The toaster manufacturer, for failure to include, in the instructions
                              section that says you should never never never ever stick you hand
                              into the toaster, the statement "Not even if your wedding ring falls
                              in there".

* The store where you bought the toaster, for selling it to an obvious
                              cretin like yourself.

* Union Carbide Corporation, which is not directly responsible in this
                              case, but which is feeling so guilty that it would probably send you
                              a large cash settlement anyway.

-- Dave Barry

Comment

The misnaming of fields of study is so common as to lead to what might
                                be general systems laws. For example, Frank Harary once suggested the
                                law that any field that had the word "science" in its name was
                                guaranteed thereby not to be a science. He would cite as examples
                                Military Science, Library Science, Political Science, Homemaking
                                Science, Social Science, and Computer Science. Discuss the generality
                                of this law, and possible reasons for its predictive
                                power.
                                -- Gerald Weinberg, "An Introduction to General Systems
                                Thinking."

Remark: you think you are alone in this or that way of thinking, and once you find somebody who says the exact words you always had thought.

Comment

Working...
                                X