Forum Upgrade Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forum Upgrade Problems

If you have any problems as a result of the forum upgrade, post them in this thread. Do not e-mail me or post a new thread. Keeping everything in one place makes it easier to keep track of what needs to be done. If you are unable to post in this thread, however, e-mail me with the problem at cgraye@gyrix.com.

I am recieving email notifications, after I posted on the thread Copying Beethoven. The email notifications are of people who are posting after me! I do not know how to fix this.

Preston
    Last edited by Preston; 11-21-2006, 06:25 PM.
    - I hope, or I could not live. - written by H.G. Wells

Comment

The new upgrading is wonderful Chris, let's hope we can be safeguared from mad spammers. Though the new ' Megadro' looks highly suspect !

Your hard working efforts are very much appreciated in keeping this site trouble free.
      '
      🎹

Comment

It looks great, Chris, well done!

Was the old forum also vBulletin?

One minor quirk: the sunglasses smile has lost its happy face, hasn't it? Joy won't be very pleased
        "Wer ein holdes Weib errungen..."

"My religion is the one in which Haydn is pope." - by me .

"Set a course, take it slow, make it happen."

Comment

Originally posted by Preston View Post
          I am recieving email notifications, after I posted on the thread Copying Beethoven. The email notifications are of people who are posting after me! I do not know how to fix this.

Preston
          Edit your post in that thread and in the advanced options you will see a thread subscription option. Choose not to subscribe or not to receive e-mail notification. This will fix the problem. To set your default setting for this, edit your profile options via the User CP.

Comment

Originally posted by Megan View Post
            The new upgrading is wonderful Chris, let's hope we can be safeguared from mad spammers. Though the new ' Megadro' looks highly suspect !
            Indeed, but no one has registered with the new forums yet - he was the last to register on the old forums. It probably is a spam account, but it should be useless now. Spambots should no longer be able to register, since there is now an image verification step in the registration process.

Comment

Originally posted by Rutradelusasa View Post
              It looks great, Chris, well done!

Was the old forum also vBulletin?

One minor quirk: the sunglasses smile has lost its happy face, hasn't it? Joy won't be very pleased
              No, it was UBB 5.45c. I'm not even sure vBulletin existed when we put that forum in

Fortunately, adding new smilies is easy, so if Joy can't handle the new sunglasses guy, we should be able to accomodate her

Comment

Thanks Chris for mentioning that. I can handle the new sunglasses guy, he's cool and cute!
                'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Congrats on the new software. I think you'll be happy with it. If I can help
                  with the learning curve let me know.

Steve
                  www.mozartforum.com

Comment

Ah, I see you are using the same thing at the Mozart forum. Thank you for the offer - I'm sure there will be questions that come up.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                      Edit your post in that thread and in the advanced options you will see a thread subscription option. Choose not to subscribe or not to receive e-mail notification. This will fix the problem. To set your default setting for this, edit your profile options via the User CP.
                      Got it, thanks. Is there anyway to be hidden when you are online? I can't seem to find a way.
                      Last edited by Preston; 11-21-2006, 06:30 PM.
                      - I hope, or I could not live. - written by H.G. Wells

Comment

Originally posted by Preston View Post
                        Got it, thanks. Is there anyway to be hidden when you are online? I can't seem to find a way.
                        It's an option I can turn on, but why?

Comment

Excellent format, great choice!! I LIKE this a lot!

Comment

Danke for the great new forum upgrades, Chris. This will definitely help to keep those pesky auto-spammers out since they need to register to get in here. Bravo, well done!
                            "God knows why it is that my pianoforte music always makes the worst impression on me, especially when it is played badly." -Beethoven 1804.

Comment

Working...
                            X