Don't panic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't panic!

The forums will be down for a little while, starting Sunday, because I am moving the server to my residence. They will return later that day, or may possibly be down for a couple of days if I have trouble. You may also notice a decrease or increase in speed. If it gets too slow (I don't know why it would, but these things happen), I will make other arrangements. The rest of the site will remain, as it is on different server.

Thanks for the warning or they'd be blaming me and my 'improvements'!!

------------------
    'Man know thyself'
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

Has anything happened? - I didn't notice the forum being off air. It does seem a little quicker though unless that's my imagination!

------------------
      'Man know thyself'
      'Man know thyself'

Comment

So it took a little longer than a few days. Considering the number of people who have lied to me (ISP), tried to scam me (previous place of server), and the fact that I am not a UNIX guru, I think it went OK.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter:
          Has anything happened? - I didn't notice the forum being off air. It does seem a little quicker though unless that's my imagination!

Talk about speaking too soon!

------------------
          'Man know thyself'
          'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Chris:
            So it took a little longer than a few days. Considering the number of people who have lied to me (ISP), tried to scam me (previous place of server), and the fact that I am not a UNIX guru, I think it went OK.
            Well done Chris in managing to save all the old posts.

------------------
            'Man know thyself'
            'Man know thyself'

Comment

I just want to say WELCOME BACK!
              'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Originally posted by Peter:
                Well done Chris in managing to save all the old posts.
                That was nearly not the case, though - I accidently deleted the whole thing while I was working at one point. Thank goodness I'm one who believes in secondary backups!

Comment

Working...
                X