PLEASE READ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PLEASE READ

As you may all know by now, Peter has sent out a mass e-mail to all members of the forum regarding our one-year anniversary. Please do not respond to this message. All replies come back to my e-mail address (since I set up the UBB), and my mail box was flooded with replies today. It's not a major problem, but since you're not actually going to be sending anything back to Peter, there's not much point.

I'll move this to other forum in a day or so, after everyone has already seen it.

[This message has been edited by Chris (edited 08-24-2001).]

I didn't realise Chris's email would come up when I sent that! Any comments on the momentous anniversary of the forum can be posted in comments and suggestions.

Thanks.

------------------
    'Man know thyself'
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Peter:
      I didn't realise Chris's email would come up when I sent that! Any comments on the momentous anniversary of the forum can be posted in comments and suggestions.

Thanks.

When are we having our convention? I could organise it (such things are my trade) but I'm sure Peter can finance the whole thing. The venue? Perhaps one either side of the Atlantic. Out with the purse Peter...OUT!

------------------
      "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
      http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Originally posted by Rod:
        When are we having our convention? I could organise it (such things are my trade) but I'm sure Peter can finance the whole thing. The venue? Perhaps one either side of the Atlantic. Out with the purse Peter...OUT!

It would have to be in Vienna! Oh and of course I'd pay for all 200 odd members to stay at the hotel Sacher for a week! The highlight would be a performance of Fidelio, which Rod could be excused from attending on the grounds that modern instruments were being used! Each day we would be up at 5am and compelled to drink coffee with 60 beans per cup. A walking tour a la Beethoven would follow accompanied by sketchbooks where members would be encouraged to note down points of interest that would be discussed over dinner - Bread soup, Schill and potatoes, Hungarian wine or spa water for the abstemious!

------------------
        'Man know thyself'
        'Man know thyself'

Comment

Good idea, guys! I've already started packing...
          'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Working...
          X