Subjective v. Objective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subjective v. Objective

Anyone know why this thread is too big for my computer screen?
    All the other topics fit easily but I have to scroll across to read anything on this one. I am not very computer-minded, so is there some button I should know about?
    Michael

Not to worry. This happened because Peter posted a bunch of words seperated by / which the board takes as a single word. The board automatically wraps text so you don't have to scroll to the side, but it won't break up words. Now, this does not happen for me, since my screen is set at a higher resolution that yours. So, you could set your resolution to be higher, but that would make everything seem smaller, which you may not want. Basically, just scroll sideways to see the whole thing. It's kind of a pain, and if it gets to be a big problem, we can just edit the messages to wrap sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris:
      Not to worry. This happened because Peter posted a bunch of words seperated by / which the board takes as a single word. The board automatically wraps text so you don't have to scroll to the side, but it won't break up words. Now, this does not happen for me, since my screen is set at a higher resolution that yours. So, you could set your resolution to be higher, but that would make everything seem smaller, which you may not want. Basically, just scroll sideways to see the whole thing. It's kind of a pain, and if it gets to be a big problem, we can just edit the messages to wrap sooner.
      Sorry about that ! I'll edit it myself

I had to edit Rod's response as well as he quoted me !

[This message has been edited by Peter (edited 12-08-2000).]
      'Man know thyself'

Comment

Thanks. No big problem. I was just wondering if I was doing something wrong.
        Michael

Comment

Working...
        X