Music theory quiz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Music theory quiz

Definitely the hardest music theory quiz you'll ever take, according to Classic FM !

Four of the questions are plain stupid !!

https://www.classicfm.com/lifestyle/...-music-theory/

10 out of 20. Nothing wrong with batting .500, I guess... at least not on this one!

Comment

17/20. I got Q6, Q14 and Q19 wrong.

Comment

That was tough - 15/20.

My errors, 4, 9, 11, 12, 14
        'Man know thyself'

Comment

The second question is the beginning of Beethoven's 5th symphony! It may be difficult because one Eb is written as an F for the clarinets and the other iw written in C clef.

Comment

Originally posted by Enrique
            The second question is the beginning of Beethoven's 5th symphony! It may be difficult because one Eb is written as an F for the clarinets and the other iw written in C clef.
            That's right, Enrique. I don't mind C-clefs at all (we 'cellists often use the tenor C clef) but I have to say that transposing instruments get on my nerves.

Comment

Originally posted by Quijote View Post
              That's right, Enrique. I don't mind C-clefs at all (we 'cellists often use the tenor C clef) but I have to say that transposing instruments get on my nerves.
              With the clarinets in Bb in the case of the 1st movement of the 5th I do it as follows: I change the clef to the tenor C clef and the key signature to one with three flats and whenever I find a B or an E preceded by an accidental I lower it one semitone.
              Last edited by Enrique; 02-08-2024, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Prokofieff wrote the transposing instruments as they sound. That's the logical thing to do. Imagine somebody trying to read The Rite score as it was written by the maestro.

Comment

Definitely the hardest music theory quiz you'll ever take, according to Classic FM !

Four of the questions are plain stupid !!

https://www.classicfm.com/lifestyle/...-music-theory/
                  Wonderful this site still here. I don't know much at all but taking a tough quiz is perhaps a good way to "learn by force". Nice to see everyone still here, especially my immortal cellist? I'll try to behave better than Beethoven this time around
                  "It was not the fortuitous meeting of the chordal atoms that made the world; if order and beauty are reflected in the constitution of the universe, then there is a God."

Comment

Originally posted by EternaLisa

Wonderful this site still here. I don't know much at all but taking a tough quiz is perhaps a good way to "learn by force". Nice to see everyone still here, especially my immortal cellist? I'll try to behave better than Beethoven this time around
                    Long time no speak, Eternal Lisa! I have sent you a private message. Might you be the same person who, on another - no longer existant forum - had a name to do with rising from the ashes?

Comment

Long time no speak, Eternal Lisa! I have sent you a private message. Might you be the same person who, on another - no longer existant forum - had a name to do with rising from the ashes?
                      GREETINGS Quijote (bows deeply). I have responded. Yes! IB me!
                      "It was not the fortuitous meeting of the chordal atoms that made the world; if order and beauty are reflected in the constitution of the universe, then there is a God."

Comment

Working...
                      X