Windows 11 and the Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows 11 and the Forum

This question is more directed at Chris. When I visit the forum with either Firefox or Chrome on my Windows 7 computer I have a normal view. But when I go to my Windows 11 with either Chrome or Edge I get a non-HTML display and am wondering if there is a setting in both Chrome and Edge to resolve that.

Hm, I haven't had a problem with Chrome on Windows 11. What exactly do you mean by "non-HTML display"?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
      Hm, I haven't had a problem with Chrome on Windows 11. What exactly do you mean by "non-HTML display"?
      It's displayed as text on the page, no formatting at all. There are some hyperlinks, but it's harder to navigate. My first thought was that the site was down but each morning on my Windows 10 (sorry, I said 7 but meant 10) computer everything looks good in both Firefox and Chrome. I will have to check Chrome settings on the other computer. I did have Chrome get reset a few weeks ago with my Google account and that might have something to do with it.

Comment

Try clicking these links:

http://www.gyrix.com/forums
        http://www.gyrix.com/forums/
        http://www.gyrix.com/forums/index.php

Do any of them look right?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumScreen.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	119019
          This is a screenshot of what I am seeing. I'm not sure if I can access the messages to try the links, but have tried links as they appear in the screenshot. I am able to access the profile and attempted to change the forum style on my account but could not save the change.
          Attached Files

Comment

All three links look like that?

I have seen this on Safari, on Mac OS, but never on Windows. It is not an issue with the forum - it's the browser. Nothing you do with the forum settings will affect this.

Try clearing your browser cache.

Comment

All three links look like that?

I have seen this on Safari, on Mac OS, but never on Windows. It is not an issue with the forum - it's the browser. Nothing you do with the forum settings will affect this.

Try clearing your browser cache.
              That's what I figured that it was more of a browser issue. It's weird that both Edge and Chrome have the same view on that computer but on this everything is normal. Edge runs the forum normally on this computer, as well. I will try clearing the cache and see what happens. Thanks!

Comment

Did you have any luck clearing this up?

Comment

Did you have any luck clearing this up?
                  So far I have not. Fortunately, I do have a Windows 10 computer that has no issues with the forum. It's possible that this started after one of the last Windows updates (Win 11). Oddly, enough, I get the same result with Edge, which I rarely use, as I do with Chrome.

Comment

Working...
                  X