Handel’s love of food

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Handel’s love of food

I'm a foodie and I've never met a musician worthy of the name to not like food and drink.

Lamb’s ears, eel pie and plenty of claret: London museum showcases Handel’s love of food

https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...s-love-of-food

Yes I think the portraits reveal a man who liked to indulge! Lamb's ears and eel pie though? Yuk!! I visited the museum soon after it originally opened over 2o years ago I think - maybe time for another look.
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

Perhaps musicians are just configured toward sensual delights - of the ear or the tongue!

Comment

A man after my own stomach! The eel pie sound particularly good to me!

Comment

Originally posted by Peter
          Yes I think the portraits reveal a man who liked to indulge! Lamb's ears and eel pie though? Yuk!! I visited the museum soon after it originally opened over 20 years ago I think - maybe time for another look.
          It's been a long time since I was last in London, I'd certainly check it out. As to "Yuk" regarding lambs' ears and eel pie, tell you what, I'd give it a go, really I would. I've been to China and I won't tell you here what I tried out over there!

EDIT: Yes I will; see below!
          Last edited by Quijote; 05-10-2023, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris
            Perhaps musicians are just configured toward sensual delights - of the ear or the tongue!
            Well, exactly my point, Chris! Me? I'll eat anything!
            OK, I've tried sheep's brains, can't say I'll revisit that delicacy. Snake, toad, dog, kangaroo, donkey, horse, ostrich - these are all meats I have tried.
            No humans as yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Sorrano
              A man after my own stomach! The eel pie sound particularly good to me!
              Good on you, Sorrano!!

Comment

Rice soup with mutton sounds gross! I can't say I am impressed with the rest of the food items.
                🎹

Comment

Originally posted by Quijote View Post
                  Well, exactly my point, Chris! Me? I'll eat anything!
                  OK, I've tried sheep's brains, can't say I'll revisit that delicacy. Snake, toad, dog, kangaroo, donkey, horse, ostrich - these are all meats I have tried.
                  No humans as yet.
                  I've had cow brains (I told my co-workers I had more brains in my stomach than they did in their head) and thought they were okay. The others I have not, but am willing to try them. A friend cooked up a steak and kidney pie, which I thought was good, as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Sorrano

I've had cow brains (I told my co-workers I had more brains in my stomach than they did in their head) and thought they were okay. The others I have not, but am willing to try them. A friend cooked up a steak and kidney pie, which I thought was good, as well.
                    Ooh, I love steak and kidney pie, it's been a few years since I last had it. In fact, I love all sorts of meat pies, the combination of pastry and meat is just great. My particular favourite is steak and Guinness (a dark stout beer) pie. This is all making me very hungry, I can tell you!

Comment

Originally posted by Quijote View Post
                      Ooh, I love steak and kidney pie, it's been a few years since I last had it. In fact, I love all sorts of meat pies, the combination of pastry and meat is just great. My particular favourite is steak and Guinness (a dark stout beer) pie. This is all making me very hungry, I can tell you!
                      I cooked your favourite dish for some friends just last weekend!
                      'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Peter
                        I cooked your favourite dish for some friends just last weekend!
                        Aha, great minds think alike!

Comment

Working...
                        X