Difficult Piano Pieces.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Difficult Piano Pieces.

When I look at a music score and think to myself, Oh, that looks relatively easy. or doable, I'll try that. Ha! I kid myself.
    Like for instance, glancing at and reading the Chopin Etude Opus 10. Waterfall, a Lovely piece.

Click image for larger version  Name:	ACEAF61D-A48F-42C2-B92F-CD67CC953580.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	74.1 KB ID:	118698
    🎹

No harm in practicing, as a warm up exercise.
    Last edited by Megan; 04-14-2023, 01:51 PM.
    🎹

Comment

When I was a teenager, my piano teacher often warned me against trying to play things that were beyond my skill level, because she did not want me to waste time and get frustrated, but I didn't care. I wasn't trying to be a professional pianist, or even really the best pianist I could be. I just wanted to have fun playing music I loved. And stumbling slowly through sections of Tchaikovsky's Piano Concerto No. 1 or Chopin's Polonaise in A-flat major, Op. 53, or one of Beethoven's late sonatas brought me hours of joy. So why not? This etude is beautiful and has things to teach even at slow speeds, I think!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
        When I was a teenager, my piano teacher often warned me against trying to play things that were beyond my skill level, because she did not want me to waste time and get frustrated, but I didn't care. I wasn't trying to be a professional pianist, or even really the best pianist I could be. I just wanted to have fun playing music I loved. And stumbling slowly through sections of Tchaikovsky's Piano Concerto No. 1 or Chopin's Polonaise in A-flat major, Op. 53, or one of Beethoven's late sonatas brought me hours of joy. So why not? This etude is beautiful and has things to teach even at slow speeds, I think!
        Something I've found while muddling through a Beethoven Sonata (very slowly) is that I can see/hear things that he did with the themes and motifs that make up the work. There are nuances and all sorts of devices that I would otherwise miss just listening. That has given me a much greater respect for the art of the composer.

Comment

Originally posted by Megan View Post
          When I look at a music score and think to myself, Oh, that looks relatively easy. or doable, I'll try that. Ha! I kid myself.
          Like for instance, glancing at and reading the Chopin Etude Opus 10. Waterfall, a Lovely piece.

Martha Argerich uses the Schumann toccata as a warm up exercise and to test new pianos!

'Man know thyself'

Comment

Another warm up piece (I think not!)

'Man know thyself'

Comment

Fabulous playing by Yunchan Lim,
              galaxies beyond my scope!
              What a genuis.

🎹

Comment

Originally posted by Megan View Post

Click image for larger version Name:	ACEAF61D-A48F-42C2-B92F-CD67CC953580.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	74.1 KB ID:	118698
                I can manage it in about ten minutes with a few mistakes Currently on the Schubert G-flat impromptu which is a lot easier but still surprisingly tricky.

Comment

Working...
                X