The Mystical Experience Questionnaire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Mystical Experience Questionnaire

I'm watching a Netflix documentary series about psychedelics such as LSD, magic mushrooms and all that stuff...
    The series is called "How to Change Your Mind" and in the 2nd episode the scientists make use of a "Mystical Experience Questionnaire" to be completed by volunteers in the clinical trials.
    Reading through the questionnaire (I'll give the link after) I was struck by answers I would have given whilst listening to certain Beethoven late-period works. See what you think: https://www.trippingly.net/lsd-studi...e-30-questions

Yes I'd say late Beethoven (2.00am ) can indeed induce many of those experiences! Also get those symptoms with Mahler and Bruckner.
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

Yeah, man, I find those works to be trippy, as well.

Comment

Wow, they should give this questionnaire out before and after each Beethoven late string quartet concert! Create some real music appreciation! Hell yeah!

Coincidentally I just happened to play Op. 132's Holy Song of Thanksgiving last night and I can definitely check mark Question 15:
        Feeling that you experienced something profoundly sacred and holy.

PS: I think Hospice Care should consider playing late LvB as well. I would want it for sure for my last days! Along with some micro-dosing!

Comment

Working...
        X