Kaspersky antivirus software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kaspersky antivirus software

I have a question please for any IT experts on this forum, maybe Chris, Sorrano, anybody else?
    My internet package includes Kaspersky antivirus software (Russian owned) and I was wondering how safe this is now given the current context.
    Thanks in advance for any solid advice.

I would not use it, personally, at this time. It does have a reputation for being very effective in locating and blocking virus/malware intrusions, but given the political climate I would decline it. There are other anti-virus packages out there. At work we've used Sophos, which seems pretty good. At home I stick with the Microsoft built in tools and I feel they are pretty reliable, as well. Avast has a good reputation, especially with mobile devices. I hope that helps.

Comment

At this point I see no need to use any antivirus software on a home device, really. The protections built into modern operating systems and the firewalls that you are behind on your networks are probably sufficient as long as you have enough common sense not to open weird e-mail attachments or go to weird places on the web. Back up your important files, don't do anything crazy, and you should be fine.

Comment

I wouldn't be comfortable doing online banking without paying for protection these days. The best I've come across for me is Eset which is affordable and doesn't slow up the computer.
        'Man know thyself'

Comment

Many thanks Sorrano, Chris and Peter for your input. I'm waiting to see what my internet provider (Orange) suggests but I'm tempted to deactivate it and install Avast.
          In the meantime, Herr Putin now has all our details and will shortly be sending over his special operations "Shostakovitch stormtrooper culture war unit" to poison us all with obscure third-rate soviet-era composers.

Comment

Everyone has all of your information now. Remember, YOU are the product now. Isn't it great living here in the future?

Comment

Looks like everyone has all of my disinformation, too.

Comment

I have an Apple laptop, which has its own built in anti malware, but for extra measures I use Bitdefender scanner. In the past I have used Avast free version, which is also very good.
                I never have problems with viruses.
                Last edited by Megan; 06-08-2022, 04:59 AM.
                🎹

Comment

Working...
                X