Theme music-Lone Ranger music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Theme music-Lone Ranger music

I would much appreciate it if anyone would happen to know which of Beethoven's music was used as the theme music for the Lone Ranger television show. Thank you so much for your time and any help with this.

Originally posted by Olivia:
    I would much appreciate it if anyone would happen to know which of Beethoven's music was used as the theme music for the Lone Ranger television show. Thank you so much for your time and any help with this.
    It's been a long while since I watched the Lone Ranger(!), but I don't recall hearing any Beethoven in the series. The theme tune is the overture from Rossini's opera 'William Tell'.

------------------
    "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
    http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Originally posted by Rod:
      It's been a long while since I watched the Lone Ranger(!), but I don't recall hearing any Beethoven in the series. The theme tune is the overture from Rossini's opera 'William Tell'.

There was also a secondary theme, which was used quite a bit, which was from "Les Preludes," one of the orchestral "poems"
      of Liszt.

See my paintings and sculptures at Saatchiart.com. In the search box, choose Artist and enter Charles Zigmund.

Comment

Not really important, but Shostakovitch quotes this theme in his 15th Symphony. This symphony written in the 1970s, so Shostakovitch must have known that it was used as the Lone Ranger them tune! I always wondered what this irony was meant to signify.

Comment

Originally posted by Olivia:
          The orchestral version of the funeral march from the Sonata, op. 26, was used during the earlier episodes of the program. Also, the theme to Wagner's Flying Dutchman appeared.

Comment

That Lone Ranger was quite a music appreciator for someone who camped out every night! He must have had a portable 78 rpm record player and an electrical generator rolled up in that sleeping bag.
            See my paintings and sculptures at Saatchiart.com. In the search box, choose Artist and enter Charles Zigmund.

Comment

Working...
            X