Beethoven Concert on Radio!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBC Radio 3

Artur Pizarro introduces his forthcoming Beethoven Sonata Cycle.

He will be interviewed about his forthcoming challenge of performing all 32 of Beethoven's Sonatas.

Artur Pizarro will shortly be commencing an epic 8-concert cycle of the 32 Beethoven Sonatas, all performed at St.Johns, Smith Square, London.

BBC radio 3 will be broadcasting the cycle on, "performance on 3". throughout 2003-4.

The first performance will commence Tue. March 6th, at 19.30
    Sonata in F minor Opus 2 no.1
    Sonata in C minor Opus 13
    Sonata in G Major Opus 14
    Sonata in B flat major, Opus 22

Tuesday 13th March, 19.30
    Sonata in C major, Opus 14
    Sonata in E flat major, Opus 7
    Sonata in F major, Opus 10
    Sonata in C major,Opus 2.no 3

Monday 19th May, 19.30
    Sonata in D major, Opus 10 no. 3
    Sonata in G major, Opus 31 no. 1
    Sonata in E flat major, Opus 27 no. 1
    Sonata in C sharp minor,Opus 27 no. 2

Thursday 22 May, 19.30
    Sonata in G minor, Opus 49 no 1
    Sonata in G major, Opus 49 no 2
    Sonata in D major, Opus 28
    Sonata in C major, Opus 53
    Sonata in F major, Opus 54

Comment

That sounds amazing that he will be playing all 32 Sonatas. Will you be attending any of the performances?

Joy
      'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Joy, I don't know how to do the highlighting bit when I need to reply to a question. Can you tell me how?

We certainly shall go to one of the performances., At St.Johns Smith Square, London. Although I have never heard Artur Pizarro playing.
        My favourite Beethoven pianist is Alfred Brendel,I think it is hard to beat his standard of playing, he loves Beethoven and has studied him all his life, and I think he has a feeling and understands Beethoven, he has just the right pressure on the keys.
        I am no pianist but, when I listen to Brendel play, I can imagine that is how Beethoven would have played. Though some movements Brendel plays can be a bit on the slow side, as with the 2nd movement of the Emperor.. He plays the piece very studiously.
        I have all the sonatas and concertos by Brendel.
        Sunday I listened him play the beautiful Piano concerto no. 4. I could hardly keep my eyes from filling with tears, while I was cooking the dinner.

In my estimation I think Brendel is astonishingly brilliant playing the sonatas and concertos.

My second best pianist would probably be Murray Perahia.

Wouldn't it be wonderful to be able to play a musical instrument, piano or violin.
        I have the violin concerto, by Itzhak Perlman, he plays so exquitely and with feeling, once I start listening I cant stop, for days. I need peace and quiet to really concentrate on it.

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Joy:
          [b][QUOTE]Originally posted by lysander:

Joy, I don't know how to do the highlighting bit when I need to reply to a question. Can you tell me how?

We certainly shall go to one of the performances., At St.Johns Smith Square, London. Although I have never heard Artur Pizarro playing.
          My favourite Beethoven pianist is Alfred Brendel,I think it is hard to beat his standard of playing, he loves Beethoven and has studied him all his life, and I think he has a feeling and understands Beethoven, he has just the right pressure on the keys.
          I am no pianist but, when I listen to Brendel play, I can imagine that is how Beethoven would have played. Though some movements Brendel plays can be a bit on the slow side, as with the 2nd movement of the Emperor.. He plays the piece very studiously.
          Sunday I listened him play the beautiful Piano concerto no. 4. I could hardly keep my eyes from filling with tears, while I was cooking the dinner.

[QUOTE]

Go to the third or fourth icon next to someone's name and date and it will say 'reply w/a quote'. In regards to the highlighting I'm not too good at that myself as you can see. Maybe Peter or Chris could help us out.

In regards to Alfred Brendel, I, too, enjoy listening to him and have some Beethoven Sonatas by him. I have the entire 32 Sonatas by Bernard Roberts. Very good. Murray Perahia is one of my favouite pianists too. I have Chopin's Etudes by him. Excellent.

Joy

[This message has been edited by Joy (edited February 03, 2003).]
          'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by Joy:
            [b] [QUOTE]Originally posted by Joy:
            [QUOTE]Originally posted by lysander:

Go to the third or fourth icon next to someone's name and date and it will say 'reply w/a quote'. In regards to the highlighting I'm not too good at that myself as you can see. Maybe Peter or Chris could help us out.

In regards to Alfred Brendel, I, too, enjoy listening to him and have some Beethoven Sonatas by him. I have the entire 32 Sonatas by Bernard Roberts. Very good. Murray Perahia is one of my favouite pianists too. I have Chopin's Etudes by him. Excellent.

Joy

[This message has been edited by Joy (edited February 03, 2003).]
            Great minds think alike! I hope this works!
            Sometimes the post site does not recognize my pass word, so I had to re-invent myself.

Comment

If your password is not accepted, click the link next to the password field that says "Forget your password?" to have your password e-mailed to you so you can check to see if you had it right. If you don't receive an e-mail, e-mail me and I'll check it for you.

Comment

Working...
              X