Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Test

Testing in this forum.

So, are we back to the good ol' forum, is it?
    "Wer ein holdes Weib errungen..."

"My religion is the one in which Haydn is pope." - by me .

"Set a course, take it slow, make it happen."

Comment

Originally posted by Rutradelusasa:
      So, are we back to the good ol' forum, is it?
      Looks like it. I've suspended posting to the Yahoo group page...for the moment.. though the archives there can still be read.

Rod

------------------
      "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
      http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Thanks, Chris and Peter! I was missing my Beethoven talk fix.

Comment

Great to have it back.
          See my paintings and sculptures at Saatchiart.com. In the search box, choose Artist and enter Charles Zigmund.

Comment

Despite the problems we have had with this forum in the past, there can be no doubt that it is by far superior to any of the temporary forums we have used - thanks Chris for taking the trouble to keep on getting it back for us, and always with no lost data.

------------------
            'Man know thyself'
            'Man know thyself'

Comment

Yes it is great to have this forum back. Way to go Chris!

Comment

I can only hope this host has better service than the last. One of these days I'll get around to fixing my own server, but it should be fine where it is for at least a year. I'll also probably upgrade the forum software to the latest version at some point, so we'll get a lot more features. But for now, I'll just not mess with it and see if it works out OK.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris:
                  [B]I'll also probably upgrade the forum software to the latest version at some point, so we'll get a lot more features...B]
                  What are these extra features Chris?

------------------

Comment

Well, there's been a lot of "under the hood" improvement - efficiency, security stuff. Probably not things we would really notice. But there are other things, too, ranging from the "cool but useless," like being able to include a small picture under your name when you post (an "avatar"), to more useful things like private messaging and making it much easier to format text, links, and images in posts.

Comment

I was away for a while and wasn't even aware the forum was down until I found I had about 30 e-mails courtesy of Yahoo!
                      I had to delete most of them without reading as my mailbox was clogged.
                      Glad we're back on course. Thanks Chris.

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Michael:
                        I was away for a while and wasn't even aware the forum was down until I found I had about 30 e-mails courtesy of Yahoo!
                        I had to delete most of them without reading as my mailbox was clogged.
                        Glad we're back on course. Thanks Chris.

Michael
                        You can adjust your settings at the Yahoo Group to not receive these direct emails, and just instead view the posts at the web page.

------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Chris:
                          Well, there's been a lot of "under the hood" improvement - efficiency, security stuff. Probably not things we would really notice. But there are other things, too, ranging from the "cool but useless," like being able to include a small picture under your name when you post (an "avatar"), to more useful things like private messaging and making it much easier to format text, links, and images in posts.
                          Well improving the ease the text and link formatting is needed I think. Beware the pic insert part - they have that at Yahoo and I got some sarcatic remarks upon submitting my pic. Did you know you can also send a Beethoven Egreeting at the yahoo page?

------------------

Comment

Usually avatars are not pictures of you. I think there is a seperate feature that lets you include a picture of yourself in your profile.

Comment

Hello all,

thanx to the webmaster. I thot the forum disappeared.

I was not here for a longlong time. Thot i check back.

------------------
                              Greets,
                              Bernhard
                              Greets,
                              Bernhard

Comment

Working...
                              X